I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 14655

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Evansville, IN :)

Also Johannesburg, South Africa!

I'm from Gatineau, Quebec area.

from England :) 

Munich, Germany - surrounded by Catholics...

I'm Canadian, born and raised in Alberta, but been stateside for tthe past 20 years. lived in, L.A. area, fresno area, and now, Idaho!  love it here!

Hello from south central Utah, Monroe, to be exact.

Sanford, NC help!

LMAO... I feel ya, Sister!

I'm from Massachusetts.  My Congressman is John Olver (D) a former Umass Science teacher.  He's not an "out" atheist, but he's non-religious.

My wife was born into a Presbyterian (Korean) family.  She can't get past Pascal's Wager.  Having said that we get along fine.

Analyzing Pascal's Wager can exhaust people before they see all the options. Remember, he was good at math but religion had damaged his thought processes.

Try the following. If pictures help, draw a 2 by 2 box. Label the columns "god" and "no god" and label the rows "follow rules" and "ignore rules". Write the outcomes in the appropriate cells in the box.

1. Posit a god and follow her/his/its rules. You miss a lot of fun and in another life get the promised reward.

2. Posit a god and ignore her/his/its rules. You have a lot of fun and in another life get the threatened punishment.

3. Posit no god and follow "her/his/its" rules. You miss a lot of fun.

4. Posit no god and ignore "her/his/its" rules. You have a lot of fun.

I'm persuaded that Number 4 above is the most sensible wager.

Note: The rules above are the belief's rules, not the civil rules enforced by the sheriff and/or police.

India

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service