I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 15526

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

New Bern NC...*sigh*

London, UK
originally from Wroclaw, Poland 

i am from Napa California, any one else from my area?

I'm closer, Yountville. In 1950 I had not yet kicked religion and I was in the Navy, so instead of being an atheist in a foxhole I was a Catholic on a tin can. (That's Navy slang for a destroyer on which, contrary to rumor, sailors do not get flight pay, sea pay and submarine pay during storms at sea, though we sometimes earn it).

One great pleasure of being twice a rebel: during twenty years in SF, when Navy ships visited, I was one of a few atheists and assorted free thinkers who helped gay sailors on liberty from their ships meet local gays.

Tom, you remind me of San Francisco.  I miss it.  The cultural diversity, the huge number of restaurants - not chains, the public transportation, the city's beauty, the liberal political atmosphere, the progressive activist movements, I remember it fondly, and no-one ever made me vote in a church, and no-one cared that I was an atheist.

I'm originally from Fresno, CA USA and now live in Placerville, CA  USA.

Anniston, Alabama.

woohoo.

Prince George, BC, Canada, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

What? TMI? :-)

Waldron Arkansas.  Pray for me ;)

Indeed, all my relatives (with whom I do not associate with!) live in and around Murfreesboro.  No greater bunch of nutcase religious people anywhere!

I'm from Hungary, Eastern Europe. We grown up in materialist milieu. After the restoration of capitalism, it came to light, that religion is mainly career tool.

Thank you, kzoltan; I regularly tell people that in Europe centuries of religious wars weakened religion.

Here in the US of A, religion is for the "sovereign people" a mind-destroying drug. For all Republicans and some Democrats it's a political career tool.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service