I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 14641

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Houston! I was born in Pasadena and I think I've still got family thereabouts, but I guess I have thankfully never laid eyes on the place. I'm supposing that it's a no-man's land as far as reason goes?

Gotta hand it to Houston, though.  They did hold the Texas Freethought Convention/Atheist Alliance of America there last October.  I went there, and well over 700 people showed up.  Though I wish it could've been over 7,000, at least I took some comfort in knowing that not all Texans are Bible-thumping zombies.

Wow, 700. That's not really all that much, is it? How many people live in the Houston area? It's gotta be over a million, no? So not even a 1000th of the population? Still, I guess that's a lot better than elsewhere in the world. Imagine 700 atheists in, say, Kabul. I dunno though, that's still depressing. Now I'm depressed. Thanks Meek. :-)

I would have been there in a heartbeat if the tic's had not been so expensive.

Ah, well that explains it. Thanks Ted, I'm not depressed anymore! :-)

Always happy to make somebody smile! lol

Do you? know when the next convention be held in Houston

They're planning on holding it in Austin next fall last I heard.

You think Houston's bad, head up 59 about a hundred miles!  It's Reyudneyuk Jeeezuz Hell up here!  Houston is heaven in a free-thinking sort'of way!

Lol! Well I guess when you put it that way! :-)

As Teal'c would say, "Indeed."

Or as Spock would say...

Well, he wouldn't say anything, just raise an eyebrow.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service