I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 15847

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gotta hand it to Houston, though.  They did hold the Texas Freethought Convention/Atheist Alliance of America there last October.  I went there, and well over 700 people showed up.  Though I wish it could've been over 7,000, at least I took some comfort in knowing that not all Texans are Bible-thumping zombies.

Wow, 700. That's not really all that much, is it? How many people live in the Houston area? It's gotta be over a million, no? So not even a 1000th of the population? Still, I guess that's a lot better than elsewhere in the world. Imagine 700 atheists in, say, Kabul. I dunno though, that's still depressing. Now I'm depressed. Thanks Meek. :-)

I would have been there in a heartbeat if the tic's had not been so expensive.

Ah, well that explains it. Thanks Ted, I'm not depressed anymore! :-)

Always happy to make somebody smile! lol

Do you? know when the next convention be held in Houston

They're planning on holding it in Austin next fall last I heard.

You think Houston's bad, head up 59 about a hundred miles!  It's Reyudneyuk Jeeezuz Hell up here!  Houston is heaven in a free-thinking sort'of way!

Lol! Well I guess when you put it that way! :-)

As Teal'c would say, "Indeed."

Or as Spock would say...

Well, he wouldn't say anything, just raise an eyebrow.

I am from Philippines. We brag that we are the only predominantly christian nation in ASIA... We are the only country left without divorce. Thr Catholic church have a very strong hold on our Politics, views, culture and LIFE.

I am a "closet" atheist because the minute i "come out" I will tagged as the devil, goat worshipper, sub-human etc... 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo posted blog posts
3 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion And Now, for Something Totally New in Televangelism - Televangelist pastor accused of forcing vasectomies and abortions on church members
13 minutes ago
sk8eycat commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
22 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
25 minutes ago
Čenek Sekavec commented on Sentient Biped's group Godless in the garden
27 minutes ago
Asa Watcher replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
30 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Just a Voice's discussion Is consciousness nothing more than a veneer of our biological underpinnings?
32 minutes ago
Neanderthal Man posted a video

Viking Trance - Miroslav (Мирослав) from Napoleon Bonaparte on Vimeo.

Viking Trance - Miroslav (Мирослав)

Мирослав это рассказ о России Viking Trance - Miroslav by Viking Trance with video artwork by Napoleon Bonaparte. Smart Dog Videos London (UK). Viking Trance https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/miroslav/id338694031?i=338694257 Viking Trance…
50 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
57 minutes ago
1 hour ago
Čenek Sekavec replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion And Now, for Something Totally New in Televangelism - Televangelist pastor accused of forcing vasectomies and abortions on church members
1 hour ago
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service