I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 16174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gotta hand it to Houston, though.  They did hold the Texas Freethought Convention/Atheist Alliance of America there last October.  I went there, and well over 700 people showed up.  Though I wish it could've been over 7,000, at least I took some comfort in knowing that not all Texans are Bible-thumping zombies.

Wow, 700. That's not really all that much, is it? How many people live in the Houston area? It's gotta be over a million, no? So not even a 1000th of the population? Still, I guess that's a lot better than elsewhere in the world. Imagine 700 atheists in, say, Kabul. I dunno though, that's still depressing. Now I'm depressed. Thanks Meek. :-)

I would have been there in a heartbeat if the tic's had not been so expensive.

Ah, well that explains it. Thanks Ted, I'm not depressed anymore! :-)

Always happy to make somebody smile! lol

Do you? know when the next convention be held in Houston

They're planning on holding it in Austin next fall last I heard.

You think Houston's bad, head up 59 about a hundred miles!  It's Reyudneyuk Jeeezuz Hell up here!  Houston is heaven in a free-thinking sort'of way!

Lol! Well I guess when you put it that way! :-)

As Teal'c would say, "Indeed."

Or as Spock would say...

Well, he wouldn't say anything, just raise an eyebrow.

I am from Philippines. We brag that we are the only predominantly christian nation in ASIA... We are the only country left without divorce. Thr Catholic church have a very strong hold on our Politics, views, culture and LIFE.

I am a "closet" atheist because the minute i "come out" I will tagged as the devil, goat worshipper, sub-human etc... 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service