I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 16221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

College Station, Texas.

Outside of Richmond, VA. where the Bible Belt hangs like a noose. 

American (TX) expat living in Gunma prefecture, Japan. Love it here!
You should, if you can! There is even a rumored promotion for free flights to Japan to boost tourism. You may also inquire with NGOs and other organizations helping rebuild Tohoku. It would be something powerful and helpful, if you like volunteering.

宜しくお願いします(*・ω・)*_ _)ペコリ
The Peace Corps doesn't usually send people to developed countries, but they do a lot of good work. Still, in recent years, there've been some losses, but mostly for female volunteers...I'm unsure their level of work in Northern Japan. It's plausible, but I haven't heard about it.

If you come through volunteership, you may want to look into Peace Boat. It's a Japan-based group that ships its volunteers to needed areas in APAC, and now has work in Northern Japan as well.

If you're looking longterm, get your college degree and try what I do, teaching. I came here through JET. It's hard to get on the JET programme, but if you do, it's a great experience! And if not, there are private companies that will hire you, too.

Saint John, New Brunswick Canada 

Lakewood, CO - west of Denver

Hey neighbor!

Coralville, Iowa (USA) Home of the...home of the...nothing. FAIL

Ivybridge, Devon, England, Europe, probably the home of the greatest number of atheists in the world.

Santa Rosa, California.

Colfax, North Carolina a land full of conservative christians.  Drive any direction and you pass a church in under 2 minutes....

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service