http://www.katu.com/outdoors/news/65695657.html

This story started me thinking about atheists and nude sun bathing. Is there any information out there showing a correlation between the two? It seems to me that people who've shed their petty religious morality (not that all religious morality is petty) would be more inclined to bare it all.

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Uh..........at my age, Nerd, they'd probably run me off the beach!
Uh..............golly Vince, you're painting with a really broad brush there.
No, the "all religious morality is petty". I'm think'n of the Salvation Army who feel they have a moral obligation to help the "down trodden". That's not at all petty in my estimation.
I grew up in a non religious family, with hippy parents. I have been bathing nude in the sun since birth. I have always felt that it was a completely natural thing to do. The experience was never sexual for me untill I hit puberty, and I would notice or look at certain body parts more often. As an adult I can easily sunbath nude without thinking sexual thoughts.

I love the feel of the sun on my intire body at once. The feeling you get when you swim through the water and it trickles all over you. The feeling of drops of water running down you when you get out. It's an unbelievably relaxing experience. Like a massage from nature.

I have yet to met someone who was not at least liberal in their religious beliefs, if they had any at all, while sunbathing nude.
If he's guilty of indecent exposure then the woman is guilty of trespass. And since she involved her child in commiting this misdemeanor she is also guilty of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

BUT THE MAN WAS NUDE!!!11!eleventyone!!1

So all is forgiven her.
I can't find a link to it, but I remember reading a similar story about a retired woman in the UK who called the police because her neighbor used to sunbath naked in his own garden. When the cops turned out, they realized the neighbor's house and garden were fenced and about half a kilometer away. She led them to her second floor and handed them her binoculars to check for themselves.
Me, too! I'm half Native American and half Irish - unfortunately I got the Irish pigmentation so I've never been into sunbathing at all. And now that I have lupus, I have to wear heavy sunblock and avoid excess sun exposure or I get a nasty rash. It's bad enough to get it on my face, hands and arms when my sunscreen wears off or I've missed a spot but to get it anywhere delicate - that would be awful.

Nude swimming, sure, that only makes sense. I'm also an indoor nudist whenever practical. I live in Michigan, even indoors it can be too cold to be nude sometimes.
Is there any information out there showing a correlation between the two?

Nudism was extremely popular in East Germany during the Communist (and therefore atheist) era.
We have nude beach here,about a 45 minute drive from the city.

I've never been. From what I've gathered, it's full of people who look like me. Beside,you'd be afraid to flirt;exactly how does one hide an erection when one is nude?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslin_Beach,_South_Australia
Well, nothing is more honest than an erection. The penis seldom lies.
Tarquin: exactly how does one hide an erection when one is nude?

The kind of people that crack a fat at the thought of a nudie beach are also the type of people that would be ashamed to bare all and go to one. It is the idiotic titillation at the forbidden that is cultivated by puritanism. I love to let my testicles swing unfettered in the summer breeze, and whilst I may appreciate the attractiveness of the females I see there, getting a boner just doesn't happen. I guess I don't have enough guilt.

Oh, and to answer Walter's question - to me the absolute dumbest part of the bible is original sin. When the fruit of the tree of knowledge is eaten and the very first sentient thought is "OMG!!! I'M NAKED!!!" What absolute fucking bullshit. This is the grain of guilt, shame and misery on which everything else is stacked. So I guess there must be a link.
"The kind of people that crack a fat at the thought of a nudie beach are also the type of people that would be ashamed to bare all and go to one "

I'm sure you're absolutely right.However, you didn't answer my question.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service