How do you think Atheists can demonstrate good moral values and change the perception that Atheists are amoral? One way this can be done is through volunteering in our communities in a visible and coordinated effort. Please visit www.secularcenterusa.org to support local Atheist volunteer efforts, or join the SECULAR Center group here on A/N to share your ideas for volunteer activities.

Tags: Center, SECULAR, volunteer

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes. Of course. At least we don't have a religious book to hide behind or to explain our actions. Just because we do not believe in a "God" or have a religion does not mean we are a people or people without morals or ethics.
"How do you think Atheists can demonstrate good moral values and change the perception that Atheists are amoral?"

I think that's called 'begging the question'. The statement is an opinion,not a fact,and one I reject in principle.

l believe that may be the case in some places,such as within the US lunar religious right, but it's not an attitude I've come across here in Australia for about 40 years. Instead, Australians reserve their contempt for clergy,politicians, lawyers,journalists,car salesmen, pedophiles and other members of the criminal classes. We are also the only country in the world where the word 'academic' is regularly used as term of abuse.(really)

How to change people's views? Not sure it's possible to change the views of bigots. AND to be blunt,I really don't care what anonymous others think,about anything. .

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Man boob posted a status
"CHECK OUT THE SONGS I UPLOADED ON MY PROFILE WOOOOOOOOO"
6 minutes ago
Man boob posted songs
8 minutes ago
Rick posted a blog post
15 minutes ago
Rick posted a status
"Pondering....pondering......pondering...."
25 minutes ago
Jonathan Tweet replied to Freethinker31's discussion Are Atheists too judgmental??
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo commented on Joan Denoo's blog post I am offended
2 hours ago
Vangelis replied to Vangelis's discussion Declaration of Atheism
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Joan Denoo's blog post Isn’t it time to save the the U.S.A. from the South?
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo posted a discussion
3 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to matthew greenberg's discussion ISIS - a conservative paradise in Iraq
3 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck commented on Joan Denoo's blog post Isn’t it time to save the the U.S.A. from the South?
3 hours ago
Patricia commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
3 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service