http://www.mediaite.com/tv/comedian-raised-125k-for-atheist-tornado...

“I didn’t do it because I felt sympathy because she got all her shit destroyed by a tornado,” he continued. “I did it simply to be a prick to her Okie-Christian neighbors. It’s funny how hate can make you do real nice things every now and then.”

i can't love this enough.  that was one of my favorite moments of the year (i still smile and laugh every time i watch it) and i'm glad she's getting some much needed financial help.  that she's getting it b/c she was brave enough to admit her atheism on national TV is just a perfect end to the story. 

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well done and a real classic! Many christians are always saying they are the ones to raise money, and never atheists. Well, not any more.

Big shout-out to Doug Stanhope ... and to Seth Andrews of The Thinking Atheist, who has also given Rebecca some quality exposure as well.

thanks for sharing that video Loren, i hadn't seen that. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Loren Miller posted a status
"Deny religion the ability to use shame or fear, and you've basically eviscerated its ability to manipulate or control you … or anyone else."
3 minutes ago
"Deny religion the ability to use shame or fear, and you've basically eviscerated its ability to manipulate or control you … or anyone else."
3 minutes ago
3 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Freethinker31's discussion Family Values
6 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Freethinker31's discussion Family Values
30 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Compost in the group Godless in the garden
55 minutes ago
Travis Hedglin replied to Freethinker31's discussion Family Values
1 hour ago
Meri Weathers liked Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Leader of the Church of England doubts the existence of god
1 hour ago
Meri Weathers liked Luara's discussion A huge tragedy in our past
1 hour ago
Freethinker31 replied to Freethinker31's discussion Family Values
1 hour ago
Travis Hedglin replied to Freethinker31's discussion Family Values
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service