Anyone has a great or favorite Atheist quote please share.

On the first day, man created God.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization. George Carlin

It is not as in the Bible, that God created man in his own image. But, on the contrary, man created God in his own image. Ludwig Feuerbach

Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for Atheism ever conceived. Isaac Asimov

Views: 801

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs." - human rights crusader and former slave Frederick Douglass
"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find anything that agrees with reason and is conductive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." - Siddhartha Gautama (The Buddha)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
- Thomas Paine

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.
- Susan B. Anthony

The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this.
- Albert Einstein

All religions, with their gods, their demi-gods, and their prophets, their messiahs and their saints, were created by the prejudiced fancy of men who had not attained the full development and full possession of their faculties.
- Mikhail Bakunin

Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity.
- Thomas Jefferson

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Friedrich Nietzsche

"First there are the Laws of Physics, after that everything else is opinion"

-Neil deGrasse Tyson

"Religions are just people claiming 'My imaginary friend is better than yours'"

-Gunner

"That which you call your soul or spirit is your consciousness, and that which you call 'free will' is your mind's freedom to think or not, the only will you have, your only freedom, the choice that controls all the choices you make and determines your life and your character. " - Ayn Rand

"I will not attack your doctrines, nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men." - Robert G. Ingersoll

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives." - Robert Heinlein

"Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-o, and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have." - Penn Jillette

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan

"God may have created man before woman, but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece." - Unknown

"If you believe Christianity is what it claims to be, you clearly haven't given the subject proper consideration" - Unknown

CULTURE. (Cute, Utterly Loony Tricks Undermining Real Evolution)

"Religious arrogance leads to religious fundamentalism which leads to religious intolerance which leads to religious terrorism which leads to religious war." - Unknown

You keep believing, I'll keep evolving. - unknown, its on my page
Ha! I wish I can come up with good stuff like that if I was baked. I go to zombieville.

Faith is the assumption of truth when evidence is absent. Kinda my rewording of a quote.

Damn.  That is a good one. 

My favorite(s):

"He that will not reason is a bigot;

he that cannot reason is a fool;

and he that dare not reason is a slave."  William Drummond  

De omnibus disputandum (Everything is to be doubted)  I don't know who this is attributed to

"don't believe those lies son! the only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible!"

reverend robot, futurama

Whatever a man prays for, he prays for a miracle. Every prayer reduces itself to this: "Great God, grant that twice two be not four."
Ivan Turgenev (1818-1883) Russian author
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
"Once there was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time is called the Dark Ages." ~ Richard Lederer

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service