Even thou A|N is less then a year old, we are already making an impact in the realm of unbelief. As we approach the new year, I can't help but think (and dream) of what we collectively could accomplish in 2009.

Let's brainstorm. What are your ideas? What would you like to see us achieve this year?

Also, this shouldn't be a place to poo-poo other's ideas. Let's just dream unencumbered, and then worry about the details once we get some decent ideas.

Tags: 2009, dreams, goals, ideas

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

***completely agree w/ secular charity angle... maybe have on line donations to charities that membership votes for with ongoing total amounts donated for all to celebrate?
I note that the chip in still hasn't gotten to the modest sum of USD898. If charity begins at home, it might be a little early to start compiling a list on charities.
Thanks Brother Richard for trying to make some goals for this upcoming year. This is great!

I really like Felch's ideas & could add one more to that list.

Maybe we could have a place to post upcoming event's happening in the areas where we all live. For instance, There is a LGBT march on Raleigh's capital on the 10th of January. This has been posted on my local Atheist meet up group. I am a hetero but will attend to show support for their civil rights and the seperation of church and state. I am glad they posted this so I know about it. There may be other people in this area that would like to attend, that belong to A/N.

We also just did a food drive for the needy that went well. I could post things like that too.
I'm new here and still spending some time looking around. But I'd like to see a better search engine. I want to be able to look for members by country, who're the recent members, etcetera.
I'd like to have the option of black type on a white background for the entire site. The current white on black is hard on the eyes.

And an archive of links to the best freethought videos.
And the one I forgot -

wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki

Don't think about it, do it, as Henry Rollins would say.
Bee-dee-bee-dee- beep - what a bummer! ;-)
There already is a wiki called FreeThoughtpedia.
Move from the online world into the real world. Organize a big atheist conference (with some good guest speakers like Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, etc.). Make it family-friendly and consider locating it somewhere near the creation museum in Kentucky or some other place associated with religious ignorance and/or bigotry.
I was thinking about this today and thought I would look for whether someone else said it - and Buford did - great!

An atheist conference would be great! It would help with the networking aspect. I would love to meet some of the members face to face. It would be invigorating and empowering.

I don't care where, too much. I'm not as enthusiastic about the creation museum idea - would prefer not to make it too provocative the first time around. Not wanting to be too US-centric, given the membership around the planet, but I was thinking Chicago (central location in US & Canada), or Las Vegas.

We could call it the Athiest Nexus Synod (tongue in cheek).

Speakers - great idea. Also some workshops on how to create and grow local groups. Meet-ups for the online groups.

If not one national convention, maybe regional conventions.

Might take more than a year to plan. Mabe 2010.
Daniel said: We could call it the Atheist Nexus Synod (tongue in cheek).

Perhaps it should be the Atheist Nexus Sin-odd - incorporating many of the characteristics off our members? ;-)
North Carolina is another state that needs this.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service