Hello out there to all of you in rational thinking land, I was hoping someone could answer me in regards to a stamp I have which could be used to stamp, perhaps next to what I deem a disgraceful & ridiculous "In god we Trust" statement on most US dollar notes.

My question being, if I or someone were to mark the US currency with the addition of this stamp, "Atheist Money" would this be an illegal action? because although I dislike the totally retarded mainstream religious views of this country,  I also do not wish to be deported or forced to leave without my consent for what may be any illegal activity.

Thanks in advance for replies to this matter, CR ;-)

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's not enforced. I've seen artist's websites where their entire artwork is composed of changing the face or activity shown on the bill, $5.00 bills seem to be favored.

I've also seen restaurants where people draw on dollar bills which are then pasted/taped to the wall behind the bar.

I would say that as long as you aren't waving it in the face of the government, you'll be OK, although they probably wouldn't even bother you then unless it was a really slow day or they were bored.

It's equivalent to ripping the tag off of a mattress or pillow, and enforcement is reserved for political activists making a scene, or other scenarios where law enforcement needs a convenient transgression to make an arrest.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service