Hi

Not sure if this topic should go here, so if it's better in another sub-forum, mods are welcome to move it.

I am marrying my partner early November this year.  We are not having a church wedding, even though his mother wanted that - she's accepted that we don't want a church ceremony, although I would have used the church as the venue to make his mum happy.

However, wherever we have the ceremony, we want a celebrant who is atheist or at least humanist, as we do NOT want any deity of any type brought into our wedding.  Trouble is, we will be getting married and living in a Kentucky, and pretty regionally, near Ashland, in fact, so celebrants who are NOT ministers or are deists are not to be found in the area.

Anyone have any ideas? I am doing as much as I can to organise things from here in Australia, and although I am sure there are officiants who both follow a faith and are happy to provide "secular" services, being where we will be, I have my doubts as to the total "non-deist" such a ceremony could get.

Anyone here from the OH-KY-WV Tri-State area, I would welcome any comments, but advice from other atheist couples would be just as welcome!

Thank you in advance!

Fiona

Tags: secular, wedding

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's a celebrant in Kentucky on this page ... and below there are many more in Ohio ...

http://humanist-society.org/celebrants/#Kentucky

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service