Atheist Nexus Logo

Atheist Diaspora: Separating the Atheist from the believers?

Do you ever feel that we should just withdraw from the world and create our own society somewhere? What would happen if we just removed all our support and left the planet to to the believers?

I guess I am just tired of arguing today.

Tags: atheist, diaspora, exodus

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yo may feel frustrated if you are expecting changes within our lifetime but if you can see farther, then you may become optimistic. There two things that favour atheism in the long run. 1. Atheism is truth and absolute trth and it can not be suppressed for all the time to come.

2.Science. Let us not forget that it is science that is illuminating the truth. Nobody will fail to see the truth so illuminated by science.

I give religion another 100 to 200 years. That's all they have.

booklover

Cheer up! Have you read that the Pope is seriously worried about the spreading of secularism in America and about the totally secular Europe? Have you read Adam Brown's message in one of my discussions that the younger generation in America is getting influenced by Dawkins, Hitchens, Dennett etc and is becoming atheist? There is still hope and a lot of it. Don't be so frustrated.  

Me, too. I don't see any major changes in the direction of adoption of atheist thought in America. The state of Kentucky, right above me, approved a massive tax break for a creationist park while making major cuts to higher education.

Ark Encounter, Kentucky Creationist Theme Park, Gets Generous Tax B...

I really think space travel is the only way for humanity and it's offshoots to survive for more than the next 1000 years. I think being non-religious would be the norm in any space colony and clinic immortality would most certainly herald the end of most of the current forms of religion. I also don't think of separation as defeat, but I guess that is just me.

Will Faithless Sophia

I think we should wait for the religion to die its natural death. It would be horrible to carry religion in to outers pace on our backs!!

I am sorry to notice a kind of frustration among most atheists. Howewr, I also find that almost all new atheists are young persons and I think this is a sign of hope. Let us not frustrate them by our pessimism.

One of the things an atheist must do is be willing to accept the truth even when it conflicts with personal hopes. It isn't a matter of optimism or pessimism, but reality. I don't consider looking at the very real difficulties in overcoming religions hold on humanity as being pessimistic.

I see that most atheists are frustrated because of the strong pro-religion inclination of America. Let us take that a litttle coolly and concentrate on other parts of the world. We may not find things so difficult elsewhwre. America will follow suit, sooner or later. There is no need to feel frustrated.

All you have to do is read some of the threats being made against Jessica Ahlquist to know the truth of that.

I don't think everyone would get along, and some of the same problems would exist, but not as much as here and now. For instance, arguments would end in the two parties choosing not to speak, or even acknowledge each other, instead of gunning someone down. There would be groups within the large atheism group, sort of like here. The public schools would kick ass. We'd have our own form of churches with guest speakers. We might even catch xtians trying to sneak into this wonderful society, and we'd allow it only if they made a video application saying why our society is better than a religious one:) Why do you excite me with this stuff?

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service