Atheism is not apolitical. (There may be apolitic atheists, this does not change the general situation..)

All 3 monotheist religions, Chiristianity, Islam and Judaism are de facto ve a priori anti-democratic. They claim to be global / universal. There has been a war between Christianity and Islam for 1,350 years. This is a political situation.

Atheism can not be apolitical in this conditions, it is not allowed by them.

Atheists have political righst, like Muslims and Christians, but nobody cares it. So atheists must make them to care it. This is a political issue.

Atheists must be in the national assemblies to protect their rights.

Half of the people do not want an atheist president and half of the people do not vote in the presidency elections in USA. I.e.: Most of the people wanting an atheist president do not vote because of  that is impossible. So let us make it possible.

Let us elect atheist deputies for European Parliament to protect our rights.

Let us stay against cihad of Islam, crusade of Christianity, imperialism of Israel / Judaism.

I know these are survival (vital-fatal) issues. So political atheism is a survival issue.

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is dangerous to vote for someone JUST because they are an atheist.  Ask Australia how that worked out for them.

Please tell us what has happened in Australia about this subject. Let's learn and take lesson. Citizens of different countries may not have enough knowledge about each other. This is a global platform. So it is good to register history here.

That is why I said to ask Australia.  I remeber hearing complaints about their atheist Prime Minister.

The complaints were not about the political ideology, it was about "there is a ATHEIST as PM".  All of this came from the religious right.  I have friends in Australia that kept me informed.

Actually, I remember one of the former members of AN, Felch Grogan, was upset with her as well.

Julia Gillard, the Australian PM was asked in a radio interview about her "beliefs" (like they are remotely important) and she relied that she's an atheist after growing up in partly religious household. Sadly, given the PM's atheism, she is almost "religiously" conservative in some areas including same sex marriage and the national schools chaplaincy program. We were feeling very positive about Gillard for all of about 5 minutes.

I am so glad to discover this group; thank you Ruth for helping me find a group with common interests. I don't have time now to write, but I look forward to participating here.  

More proof that voting simply bases on someone being atheist is not a good idea.  http://democratsforprogress.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11608

Reha ULKU

All 3 monotheist religions, Chiristianity, Islam and Judaism are de facto ve a priori anti-democratic. They claim to be global / universal. There has been a war between Christianity and Islam for 1,350 years. This is a political situation.

The wars between christians and muslims were essentialy religious wars. The idea of secularism, seperation of political power from religion appeared because of these wars and has been well accepted. Mixing atheism with power politics will negate the idea of secularism. Besides remember "Politics is the last resotr of scoundrels". Politics will badly divide atheists. What more rights we want more than the common man has? In 42 years of my atheism, I never felt any need for more political rights. Atheists should also not become a political pressure group.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service