Atheism in the Arab and Islamic countries, especially Yemen. An atheist overseas suffers!

I'm from a fanatic Arab Islamic country (Yemen). I am irreligious, secular, unbeliever, naturalist, and humanist. I believe in humanity, equality, human rights, general & personal freedoms for males & females, religious freedom, democracy, opinion freedom, modernity, extra…
I live within a society never possesses such concepts and practices, it neither believes in such things, nor deals with them, or understands them.
It is a society of groups of Islamists, extremists and backward tribes who are also fanatic Muslim and work hand in hand with the Islamists, extremists & fundamentalists. I don’t believe in what they believe in, at the same time, they don’t believe in what I believe in, It is absolutely tough and harsh for me to live within such environment and surrounding “ strangled or throttled life” I don’t like their beliefs and practices. I undergo a lot of tease, abuse and bothering, where I go. My life is a series of suffer, pressure, threat, danger, pain, scare, anxiety, distress, caution, and deprivation of most of essentials even sentimentality. Life here “in Yemen” is “Death in Life”
There is no place for educated or learned or irreligious, and secular people, who believe in what mentioned above. I am a secular, irreligious , a global or a worldwide humanist, anti-racist, anti-apartheid , anti color discrimination and against persecution, but there is no place for me in my society because of my beliefs and operational practices . Life here is a package of constant religious worships; most of the day going to the mosque and returning from the mosque, and hearing throughout the whole daytime to their prier and worship calls, nonsense, Quran verses and inciting against other non-Islamic nations, irreligious and secular people(s) who name them infidels, atheists and the enemy of Allah and Islam; such acts done by large and powerful speakers installed on the top of tall, high, and huge minarets in mosques located a lot near houses. Every thing here “in Yemen” is Islam; talk is must be only about Islam & tribal traditions, and every act or doing must be under the umbrella of Islam. (details are huge and terrified).
I suffer a lot of such things, at the same time, I can not adapt my self to those things, I can not hide my situation all the time, I can’t go to the worship house 5 times a day and be mingled with the people who I don’t like to be mingled with, and do what they do against my will, contentment, and wish. (Terrifying details)
I undergo and face daily troubles, problems, tease, abuse, mistreatment, threat, plots and intrigues. I can not get my rights whatever they are; I always face obstacles and difficulties upon trying to get them. I am always vulnerable to be assaulted verbally “in words” or physically anywhere or wherever I go.
I am always in pain psychologically and sensually, in danger, in fear, under persecution, oppression or repression, in discomfort. I don’t belong to any of those tribes or Islamic groups because; firstly they are out of my convection, and satisfaction. Secondly,I belong to the secret, modern, civilized, educated, cultured, secular and irreligious or atheistic community in the country, which is very little and under persecution, oppression, domination, threat ,and constant danger as they are considered as atheists, infidels, the enemy of Allah (God) ,the enemy of faith, and the enemy of Islam.

I am not able to stay in this environment any more.  (Death in Life)

Tags: Arab, Islamic, Yemen, atheism, countries

Views: 884

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Yemeni, judging from your grammar and your English, it seems to be that you're raised in the West. Nevertheless, your words speak of wisdom and truth, Ut must be tough to be living in the a place where no one understands you.

I'm from Yemen as well but live in the Uk. I'm not an Atheist but more of a Buddhist, still my family don't know about it.

If you need any advice/help let me know.

Wishing you the best!
Well Muhab Samer,
I wish you well and hope you can connect with like minded people where you live.
The more of you that can support one another, the more you have a group prescence, the more people will join you.
Most people like you are afraid to let other people know how you feel for fear of persecution and intimidation.
By joining a group like this I hope you'll be able to find friends local to you.
If you do fear for your life then maybe it is time to take stock and get your things and get out.
Good luck whatever you decide to do

حسن الحظ

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service