Hello, I'll answer all the questions you have about Saudi Arabia, people, religion, traditions, culture, scandals, etc. and I'll try to be unbiased :)

if you wanna ask questions about me then I'll answer them too.

Views: 1543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

common things, hmmmm Iran is seen as a common enemy, personally I hope these protesters would make a revolution and prevent a war but I doubt that would happen, Saudis are generally positive toward the development of science and technology but unlike westerns we have no scientists or researchers ;p we have a really bad education system and hopefully that would change soon.

as for the biggest differences, I think its Israel, Israel is hated a lot, 99.99% of Saudis believe Israel has no right to exist, and supporting Israel with money and weapons is probably the reason why the west is hated in the Arab world. other reasons to hate the west? I can't think of any maybe the Iraqi and Afghani invasions.
I can understand the bad feelings about how the USA and other countries influence and overpower other countries to their benefit. I believe this is due to greed and has nothing to do with public interests.

What would Saudi Arabia do about Israel if their international support disappeared today? Genocide? Prison camps? Deport them to...where? Would you support this action?
you mean if a war happened and Israel lost it? They would probably do what Saladin did, deport all the outsiders(mostly the Europeans) and allow the natives to stay and then invite all the expelled Palestinians back to the land(both Christians and Muslims).(that's what Almunajid, a high Saudi scholar once said)

I think they should make peace but non of the 2 sides are interested in peace.
Do you think most of the Arabs who strongly hate Israel know much of anything about it?
What do you mean?
Do they actually know about the history and current events of the Israel/Palestine conflict? Some ex-Muslims described life in their home countries (in the Middle East or African countries), and people blamed Jews for things like the weather or a car breaking down.
Yes I do, I never heard of anyone blaming Jews for weather, actually Arabs blame themselves for the existence of Israel.
Why do they blame themselves?
Because they are "bad Muslims", they don't practice Islam compared to Muslims 1000 years ago, they are not united, they adopted Arabian nationalism instead of Islamic unity, they don't love each other as Muslim supposed to as described in hadith; (Muslims are like parts of one body, if a part is sick the rest of the body will stay wake at night comforting it and trying to heal it) if you know Arabic just go to youtube and search: Saudi girls, Egyptian girls, Syrian girls in Arabic and when you see the big flame war you'll notice how "one body" they are xD
Greets, guy!

For what I understand, Saudi Arabia is the home of Wahhabi Islam as well as Osama bin Laden. Question: with the advent of bin Laden's actions on 9/11 and after and his connection to Wahhabi, has Wahhabi come under increased scrutiny in Saudi Arabia or is Islam in any form simply something you don't question? For that matter, is there any above-board discussion of religion in a non-absolute frame of reference in Saudi Arabia or is that something that has to happen "underground?"
Well the west call Saudi the "evil fundamentalist Wahhabi" shia call Saudis "the evil Wahhabis who hate the family of the prophet" and alqaeda call Saudis "the evil Wahhabis, agents of the western crusaders"

to be honest there is no such thing as Wahhabi, Saudi happen to be the only Arab country that has sharia law, well at least the closest one to the real sharia law, and Saudis identify themselves as Sunnis, they take "Wahhabis" as an insult.

"is there any above-board discussion of religion in a non-absolute frame of reference in Saudi Arabia or is that something that has to happen "underground?"

I didn't understand this part can you please rephrase it?(I thought my English isn't that bad) :(
Sorry if I was unclear. Religion there sounds as though it's treated as absolute, next to unquestionable. Is there anyplace where you can discuss religion, question or examine it critically it without risking your neck? Rather what you are doing here online, but do it with others THERE in Saudi Arabia.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service