Hello, I'll answer all the questions you have about Saudi Arabia, people, religion, traditions, culture, scandals, etc. and I'll try to be unbiased :)

if you wanna ask questions about me then I'll answer them too.

Views: 1553

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting this and letting us ask. I'm really curious about what the general attitude is of Saudis towards the other Middle Eastern countries-like Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. And also towards the monolithic West-Europe and the Americas?
Well there are different opinions in Saudi,

Iran, most Saudis dislike Iran and see it as a bigger threat then Israel not to mention the hatred between Arabs and Persians.

Afghanistan and Pakistan, I think we have more then 1-2 million workers in Saudi from these 2 countries, the relation between the people is good, most Saudis support Taliban against the US, some don't.

as for Europe and America well, there are many different opinions, America is hated a lot because of the supporting of Israel and the hatred increased a lot after the Iraqi invasion, alqaeda took the invasion as a chance to recruit many terrorists from the country and brainwash them, many of them were sent to Iraq via Syria and they also formed a group in Saudi, I even witnessed a terrorist attack something like 4-5 years ago but the government destroyed Alqaeda here and its popularity went down because of their ways and methods.

Europe, it has better reputation but it went down nowadays after the banning of minarets and niqab, they see it as hypocrisy but Saudis are hypocrites too.;p
What I find hypocritical: punishing of Europeans who go to Arab countries and don't follow their customs, because "they know the customs of this country when they come here", yet when immigrating to another country, people don't want to follow the customs of the new country.
Well, I never heard of Europeans get punished for not following customs unless you mean Dubai where we hear a story of a couple kissing in public almost everyday :P
It might not have been Saudi Arabia, but I think a tourist was put in jail for adultery (premarital sex is considered adultery?) b/c she stayed in a hotel with her boyfriend.
zina is the word, which mean both premarital sex and adultery, and its outlawed here and in even Dubai, ofc Dubai is hypocrite, you can wear a bikini but can't kiss a guy in public.
Is the environment ever discussed as a matter of public policy or even general interest? What is the common attitude about global warming, if there is one?

Does it seem like Saudi Arabia is inclined to consider moving away from fossil fuels as the bread and butter of the economy? It seems like solar power generation could be huge there. I apologize if my question is naive.
Well there are no people who oppose to protecting the environment and prevent global warming, so it doesn't get that much of attention.

sorry, I didn't understand your second question.
Tom Thompson was saying that oil is what drives the Saudi economy. However, the use of oil is considered to be one of the causes of global warming. Has Saudi Arabia considered stopping oil drilling and going to other methods of producing energy, such as solar power?
nope
about what? my country? well I think its a lucky country for just having all that oil, full of lazy people, bad education system, corruption in government(by both royal and non-royal), I think some people are hypocrites for claiming to follow Islamic principles yet many times they put the "tribe" first then religion second, most Saudis are not really religious, the ones who don't pray 5 times a day are probably between 50-70%, they don't even follow many Islamic principles.

there is a famous saying which is very true; I went to the west and found Islam but didn't find Muslims, went back to my home found Muslims but no Islam.

I don't oppose the royal family, many countries got rid of their royals and ended up living under real dictators like in Egypt and Iraq, I also like king Abduallah, he's a good man. many people call him a dictator because of sharia law but they don't understand that the king can't do anything about it.
What do you see as the biggest thing that Saudi Arabs have in common with "westerners". What common goals or ideals do we all share?

What is the biggest difference? What makes you feel like hating a westerner?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service