How many people interested in ethics here put their ethics where their plate is, Whilst The religious masses have an excuse for eating the flesh of our fellow mammals and other species, What is your excuse!!!! ( unless of course you are already Vegan)...

Views: 432

Replies to This Discussion

there is no panacea for long life...yet.....the best you can do is avoid the cause of high statistical death rates as the science suggests. Hence on a yearly basis adjust your lifestyle to suit the current findings

Living in a bubble would achieve that nicely, to the umpth degree :)
Bubble-raised identical rats have been demonstrated to have less weight gain than regular-cage-raised rats, all other experimental conditions being the same.

I actually have pet rats, they are all vegan and live longer than any other rats we know of, one of ours just got a month past 4 years old. these rats all have myco witch is unavoidable outside the bubble

Abuse of nicotine shortens a lifespan, but not limited use.

We are not talking about nicotine in isolation, We are talking about smoking of tobacco. limited use is proven to be a statistical life shortener, just look at the evidence for passive smoking.

I was a passive smoker of 6 packs a day during family youth, that's not 'limited', and my bronchials have paid the price :)

What I call limited is an occasional smoke, such as various tribes use, or the occasional social smoker.

My wife grew up in a similar environment....She has a lot of allergies....but doesn't all this just prove the point...

As for pot...beleive me you are better to leave it. The more intelligent you are the more likely you will become mentally unstable, you certainly don't need extra help.

My bronchials can't handle smoking... due to family history of passive smoking, makes me sick, litterally. I'd love to though :)

So what if vegetarians live statistically a few more months than meat inclined folks. There are many behaviours with a much greater impact. Is all the fuss worth a few months, even if it were truly demonstrated, which it isn't... How much tweaking and fussing must we be coerced into?

we are not talking about just a few month of your life, We are talking about the impact on climate change and the thousands of animals you consume for protein you don't even need.

If you think the difference between a good and bad diet is a few months then again you are mistaken. Just have a look at the average expectancy if you smoke drink and are overweight. You are talking about 30 years

You just switched from one factor to many...

As for the planet's health, I already stated that IMO ceasing human breeding for a while is a much more efficient and desirable tactic, but that was the other thread... :), as you do both... you are ABSOLUTELY beyond reproach... hmmm :)

agreed...I am just trying to show that it is a no brainer. the one choice covers to many bases to not at least consider the change for yourself

So what if vegetarians live statistically a few more months than meat inclined folks. There are many behaviours with a much greater impact. Is all the fuss worth a few months, even if it were truly demonstrated, which it isn't... How much tweaking and fussing must we be coerced into?

well I can tell you this attitude will change the closer you get to that age you are apparently willing to die at. I can only assume you are either very young or not being honest.

I'm 45 and the more years pass, the more I think this. When I was young, I thought I'd go til 92, just like the other females in my family lineage.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service