I have been thinking of the continued existance of religion, and I only ask one question:Are we entering a Totalitarian Theocracy Government?

I hope this is just the musing of a turkey full stomach. I hope...

Tags: Are, Government?, Theism, Theocracy, Totalitarian, a, entering, we

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"I have been thinking of the continued existence of religion, and I only ask one question:Are we entering a Totalitarian Theocracy Government?"

WE? For the non Americans, are you referring to the US?

If so: NO.

Norman Mailer wrote about 30 years ago; "America is entering its fascist phase" . I think there may some truth in that,but see no danger of the US becoming a theocracy.

Naomi Wolf gave a fascinating lecture about predictors of fascism."Ten steps to Fascism".Worth a glance and some consideration. Google;"you tube Naomi Wolf on Fascism."

Summary:

"The ten steps:

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy

2. Create a gulag

3. Develop a thug caste (Blackwater USA)

4. Set up an internal surveillance system

5. Harass citizens' groups

6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release

7. Target key individuals

8. Control the press

9. Dissent equals treason

10. Suspend the rule of law"

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/2244
Yes, I apologize for not being very clear on what I refered to as "we". Yes, I was refering to the United States, but is what Naomi Wolf stating if matched to religion is in fact a Theocracy?

"1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy" (And no I am not just picking on religion at this point) Splinter Terrorist groups Internal and Bin laden External.

"2. Create a gulag" The only prison is Gimto, which has a population of islamic population. Gitmo, however, was closed by Obama.

"3. Develop a thug caste (Blackwater USA)" Religion points fingers at other religions and those without. 'They', finger pointed at Atheists, 'don't believe and therefore they are bad!'

"4. Set up an internal surveillance system" Big Brother

"5. Harass citizens' groups" What religion does not harass other ones?

I have not found anything that might match 6-10, but I might in time.

Again I apologize.
Depends on which State in the (obviously not so) United States you're referring to.
Granted, recently there's a backlash to the faith-based paligugh's, money launder ponzi scheme's; even if the bible, coran, torah borah etc. says so, it's illegal to ship young girls over state lines for slavery or clone making of these god mongers and on and on...

We're entering the age of accountability.
Search Madoff and Rothstein.
Search:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8381119.stm
Who the hell are "we"? A|N isn't a town in the United States, or anywhere else, after all.

And the answer is probably "No.". As for the U.S., definitely no. Only the neocons are pushing for that in any measure, and even then they are splintered enough religion-variety-wise to keep them from establishing a genuine theocracy without a genuine internal war to eliminate their various oppositions. In the event of a freakin' civil war / revolution attempt / thing, there's enough of the population that thinks badly of the idea of such a war that were it to come about, the numbers on the side of not the neocons that could come into existence is great enough to win an armistice virtually straight away.
Yes, but do remember Hitler.

He was loved by the people. On one episode of WWII in HD on the history channel, there was hordes of people supporting him.

Hitler was Christian (But he was secretly jewish, but that is besides the point)

The enough of the population is the scholars, the smart ones.

The average american is . . . well, stupid.

"The great masses of the people are more able to fall victim to a big lie, rather than a small one."--Hitler
All the United-States-of American candidates for a totalitarian theocratic leader don't have the support of the people--only of a tiny subset that has guns. Your comparison falls to the ground.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Deidre posted a status
"Almost Friday.........cannot wait! Happy Halloween-eve :) Tonight is 'devil's night' I believe?"
20 minutes ago
Pat replied to jay H's discussion Free speech (right)
30 minutes ago
Pat commented on Joan Denoo's blog post My Grandfather, Alphonse Fulgentino Jules Denoo
34 minutes ago
Profile IconFormer Pastor, kavitha, Jim Reynolds and 6 more joined Atheist Nexus
35 minutes ago
booklover replied to jay H's discussion Free speech (right)
46 minutes ago
booklover commented on Little Name Atheist's group Atheist Ailurophiles
49 minutes ago
Randall Smith commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
Randall Smith commented on Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s group Godless in the garden
1 hour ago
Susan Stanko replied to C.L.A.W.S.'s discussion Stem Cell Research & MS in the group Atheists who love Science!
1 hour ago
Randall Smith replied to Lmnopicue's discussion dahl pasta in the group Food!
1 hour ago
Randall Smith posted a blog post
1 hour ago
Dyslexic's DOG replied to Deidre's discussion Finding self respect after religion
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service