Do you view all religions as being equally bad/dangerous/stupid or is Christainity the main culprit? I think I know what the answer will be as this is a predominantly western website but I am prepared to be surprised.

Views: 329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bad? Not necessarily.

Dangerous? Yes, emphatically YES.

Any mass of people who believe whole heartedly that they must not pursue evidence that disagrees with their belief is inherently dangerous.

It's called brainwashing, and it's never used to support a truth... truth does not require faith... nor can it co-exist.

All religions make one fatal mistake.

They provide a claim, and then seek evidence to support it.

None of them have ever found that evidence.

We however do not make claims, unless we encounter evidence which demands a claim be made for it.

It is in this process that we cannot be "wrong".

It is by this process that we know religions are wrong.

What is our evidence?

Our evidence is simple, and inescapable.

They have made claims for which they have been desperately trying to find evidence to support for thousands of years.

Our evidence is that they have none.

Our claim is that they have made an unsupported one.

Thousands of years to provide their evidence... quite frankly, time's up.

We however have entire libraries filled with evidence supporting our claims, from the structure of the atom, to molecular bonding, scores of results from physics tests, chemistry tests, museums filled with the evidence of evolution through not just thousands of years, but millions. We have shaped our entire world using what we have discovered. You need not look further than your microwave oven... your television set... just about everything in your home is due to our discoveries.

... and none of it agrees with the claims of religions.

Time's up religion. Best get off the tracks before the discovery train explores your faith in its brake line.

yes...all religions are bad.

they are bad because they impact community decision-making.

remember the Blue Laws?  perfect example

I think some are worse than others-islam is the worst.christianity and judaism are pretty bad too.the eastern religions seem to be basically harmless-just sily.
people keep saying islam is the worst, but what nation is waging war in 5 or 6 different countries right now? What nation has a population that overwhelmingly believes in christianity? We (the US) are killing thousands of people per year. Who is the real evil?

More people have been killed in the name of "Jesus" than any dictator or tyrant.

So much for peaceful.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service