If you read my other posts, I've had this ex-friend bigot ever since I came out. We've always argued and even have gotten into a fist fights. After that we rarely spoke at all. Today, he decided to re-break the ice and start talking to me again. We had a good discussion about video games and we've made-up (although we haven't had any closure about the bigotry before)

Anyways, I'm fine with just being acquantinces for now. Better to forgive and forget, right?

I'm not sure how it will turn out, and I'm not even sure what his intentions are. Right now I'm just not going to trust him, but be fine if he wants to hang out.

What are your guys's take on this?

Tags: Friend, ex

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

*fist fight, not fights

Hey, live and let live.

Don't worry too much on the core values of friends, if you guys get along, great, don't let petty things like religion or non-religion get in the way of a good friendship. let him know that too.

Hope it works out!

Jonathan said it so wonderfully. Live and let live.

I think you're doing the right thing.  Be nice, hang-out if you want, but not totally trust him until you are sure he is sincere.

If you can get past it, it's all the better. Don't trust him too much (is he trying to get you saved?) and don't talk about anything controversial (don't want to get into fistfights!).

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Either way, keep at least one eye on him.

if you were kicked in the nuts once maybe
 2x? don't let there be a third is my motto
cauterize the beef!

my best friend in junior high was my best enemy during school days

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

James M. Martin replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Free market creates monopoly - no market, no freedom in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
5 minutes ago
Michael Pianko commented on Freethinker31's blog post Respect for other peoples culture
8 minutes ago
Joseph P replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Thigh Bone on Mars? in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
12 minutes ago
Joseph P replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Thigh Bone on Mars? in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
12 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to ShroudedAtheist's discussion How rude of me!
39 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Free market creates monopoly - no market, no freedom in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
42 minutes ago
ShroudedAtheist replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Thigh Bone on Mars? in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
53 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to Steph S.'s discussion In what way are you still recovering from being brought up religious? in the group Recovering from Religion
55 minutes ago
Scott DeLong replied to James M. Martin's discussion It Doesn't Take Long for this Racist Missouri Lawman to Blast Anyone Different from a Middle-Aged White Male
1 hour ago
James M. Martin replied to sflmac's discussion God cured Doctor's Ebola disease.
1 hour ago
ShroudedAtheist replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
1 hour ago
James M. Martin posted a discussion
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service