http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/01/richard-cebull-judge-obama...

Loren asked a question the other day, wondering if the real reason for the anti-Obama sentiment was race related.  i'm starting to think that is the most likely cause.  the linked article discusses 2 cases of GTP (formerly GOP) authorities caught forwarding blatantly racist Obama hate emails. 

additionally, an Alaska man is suing to keep Obama off of the Presidential ballot because he is black, and he believes that the 14th Ammendment was ratified improperly or illegally.  (http://www.politiscoop.com/us-politics/wisconsin-politics/760-alask...)

besides the color of his skin, what has Obama done that is so hateable?  ok, there is the debt issue.  of course, it might have happened no matter who was elected President, but i'll give them that one. 

what else?  not enough drilling?  stopping the Canadian pipeline?  oil prices in general?  taxes? 

i can see not liking the current President, no matter who he is, for all sorts of reasons.  but the immense hate that you get from the anti-Obama crowd is delerious.  they would vote for the Grand Wizard of the KKK before voting for Obama.  actually, the Wizard might beat him in a landslide. 

Views: 1157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You could do worse.  fyi, Oregon is kind of Californicated now.  At least around Portland.  Car culture, mall culture, and suburban sprawl.  But there's great coffee and microbrew. And amazing donuts.

I disagree Sentient! I live in Portland and there is some of what you say, but in all honesty, I find Californians to be much more conservative and narrow minded. (I'm from California born and raised and still have family there). Portland is a pretty open minded city. :) Now if the weather would just be sunnier! And yes, Voodoo Doughnut is AMAZING!

Looks like I would not like California!  Portland used to be much less developed and scruffy.  I loved it then.

Well, it still looks pretty scruffy to me! Lol! I just wish there weren't so many "urban hipsters" around now. All the vegan/gluten free people who also smoke... That's an entirely different topic though. ;-)

Joan, Obama also appointed Ken Salazar, enemy of anything with chlorophyll, feather, or fur, Secretary of The Interior. Though Salazar may not be directly involved in banking, he is brokering and selling off our nation's irreplaceable creatures and natural resources at breakneck speed!  Between that, and abridging the Constitution, he has disappointed me.

Dogly, good point! There are so many others and I failed to tag them and forgot their names and positions, and the evidence is clear ... Obama is the pawn of corporate wealth. 
Dilemma, no one is qualified to be POTUS in this string of candidates, and I see none on the horizon. Do you?  

ok, she has to admit THIS ONE is racist (sent this morning):

Check your mailbox!  Just wanted to let you know, today I received my 2012 Social Security Stimulus Package.  It contained two tomato seeds, cornbread mix, a prayer rug, a machine to blow smoke up my ass, 10 discount coupons to KFC and an "Obama Hope & Change" bumper sticker. The directions were in Spanish. Hope you get yours soon.

Some observations on 

Homo sapiens  Santorensis --  a subspecies of the genus homo sapiens thought to have died out from exposure to the age of reason.  It is debated whether this is truly a subspecies throwback.  It is also suggested that it is a manifestation of psychopathology within genus homo sapiens stemming from intense indoctrination in anachronistic superstitions. 

Such indoctrination often leads to suicidal behavior and substantial psychopathology due to the idea that one is inherently evil (original sin) and that the generally accepted norms of love between individuals is always tainted with evil unless condoned by a contemporary shaman known as a priest.

It also is prone to believe that violence toward those who differ is ordained by a deity conceived of variously as a male, female, or multiple gods.  The H S Santorensis example has a rather strange and contradictory conception of a god entity that is male, multiple and singular at the same time. 

Actually many very good points have been made here about the nature of the anti Obama perspective.  Since the old Dixiecrats all moved to the Republican party, a racist element and undercurrent is inevitable. 

However,  I will argue that the underlying reality is a Manichean tendency to see an absolute dichotomy of good and evil.  The religious tendency which infects so much of society cannot deal with any challenge to the "natural order of things. Obama as African American is part of that and not acceptable.  Obama as "other", whether as a Democrat or simply one able to use complete sentences and paragraphs, is not acceptable.  

"We have god on our side" so who is on the side of the "other.  I think this allows for the absolute vilification of the other.  Any characteristic at all will then become part of that vilification.  I'm still shaking my head about Michele Obama's "evil intent" in trying to help our children become healthier.  

On these pages there is a great deal of qualified criticism and and qualified endorsement of Obama.  Such nuance simply does not fit neatly in a bi polar world view.  So we can sometimes forget that it is not necessarily religion per se that is the problem but the religious way of looking at the world.  

We saw this absolute vilification with Bill Clinton and will likely see it with the whitest of white candidates as long as a dogmatic religious mode of thinking predominates.

Thanks for the new word:

Manichaeism |ˈmanəˌkēizəm| (also Manicheism)

noun

a dualistic religious system with Christian, Gnostic, and pagan elements, founded in Persia in the 3rd century by Manes ( c. 216– c. 276). The system was based on a supposed primeval conflict between light and darkness. It spread widely in the Roman Empire and in Asia, and survived in Chinese Turkestan until the 13th century.

religious or philosophical dualism.

ORIGIN early 17th cent.: from late Latin Manichaeus (from the name Manes: see above) + -ism .

Raving Hillbilly, you hit the nail on its head. We are, indeed, witness to psychopathology. 

I don't know which is more offensive - that this is so racist, or that it's so stupid.  I would not get along with your mom.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service