Tags: autism, frauds, homeopaths, hysterics, illuminati, immunization, mercury, nwo, quacks, thimerosal, More…thiomersal, vaccination

Views: 487

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There comes a time you just get a gutful. I just put everything in one place.
Some get a gutful and just regurgitate. You apparently got a gutful and regurgitated coherently, if that's possible, and apparently it is! Again, many thanks!
Coherence - that's the only thing anyone really wants. Thinner on the ground in with some groups than others. SNAFU.
SkepticCat, you state:

... But then again, if this one turned out to be correct it would be the first time, ever, ever, ever that the tinfoil-brigade turned out to be right about anything ... I reiterate, the first time EVER!

Might I assume your reference to "the tinfoil-brigade" refers to those who take the time to explore different points of view, such as those which might come from "alternative" or "natural medicine" or "conspiracy theorists"?
I am curious if you (or anyone else who wishes to comment) have read "The Great Bird Flu Hoax", by Dr. Mercola.
If so, what is your opinion of his claim, in a nutshell, that the US Government, MSM, and drug companies were poised to benefit from their adamant claim that the avian super-flu (H5N1, I believe) would likely kill millions of Americans back several years ago?
I'm just curious, is it possible that this particular crackpot did get it right? I may be wrong but I don't believe the paranoia proved to be warranted. Which makes me skeptical about the current and quite similar situation.
On a diferent note, let me also add my compliments to Felch - maybe a tad too lengthy and too much name calling but an apparently exhaustive effort and point of view that allows for thoughtful consideration.
OK Thanks, I got it in your first 5 words - you haven't read the book.

I am quite aware of the opinions of Dr. Mercola and his oblviously self-serving website but then again so am of the FDA's.

Thanks also for telling me where not to go to get my information.

Does anyone have knowleddge of the value of Dr. Mercola's book, The Great Bird Flu Hoax? I'm simply looking for facts that may be different than what he wrote.
OK Demonstrate your thinking - prove it.
I haven't read the book either but I thought I would some googling do see what the controversy was. What I found was hundreds of sites touting the book but nothing specifically criticizing it. I also googled 'avian flu' and 'bird flu' and got hundreds of sites from all over the place but especially from epidemiologists and flu research practitioners about the nuts and bolts of influenza. There are lots of more recent sites that specifically address Mercola's ideas about swine flu and none of them have anything good to say about his current thoughts about swine flu (or H1N1 to be more precise -- or maybe not.). I must admit that reading about him on the Wiki and about.com does not instill a lot of confidence in his ability to effectively analyze the mutations, transmissions, or effects of influenza.

Given the large number of fatalities every year from influenza, I would like real scientists and doctors working on the problems just as I want real engineers working on the cars which also kill us in massive numbers (it's not always the driver.) Or on the airplanes which do not kill us in large numbers.
Glenn Sogge: I haven't read the book either but I thought I would some googling do see what the controversy was. What I found was hundreds of sites touting the book but nothing specifically criticizing it.

Glenn, what you are seeing is what I call "censorship by freedom". The ascent of the citizen blogger has created an environment in which it is now close to impossible to sort the shit from the clay due to absolute overload. You will see precisely the same effect if you google "911 thermite" - even though that repulsive meme has been completely shredded, googling with an unskeptical mind will convince you entirely of the contrary.

Ray Arseneault: maybe a tad too lengthy and too much name calling

"Lengthy" ? Yes. I am tired of repeating the same thing to each crank that crawls through the door and starts whining "oh you need to be more open minded... you're letting the gummint / pharma / illuminati manipulate you exactly the way they want" at the first whiff of protest. Here it's all in one place. "Name calling" ? I sweated blood restraining myself.

Does anyone have knowleddge of the value of Dr. Mercola's book, The Great Bird Flu Hoax?

How about you re-read the article ? I addressed your type of approach to this specifically. The onus for evidence about the book's claims is not on us, it is on you. Let me ask you this - do you let a repeat child-sex offender baby-sit your children ? I would doubt it. Mercola is a repeat offender. Again, the onus is on him to clear his name, because as a repeat offender against reason, he has forfeited his right to be trusted about anything.

http://quackwatch.org/search/webglimpse.cgi?ID=1&query=mercola
The WHO, the CDC and the FDA would IMO definitely fall into that category.
Dr Mercola gets things wrong occasonally, but he gets them right more often than the dubious outfits like the WHO, the CDC and the FDA, who lie on a habitual basis.
Popular hoaxes:
Swine flu hoax of 1976
Swine flu vaccine hoax of 1976
Bird Flu hoax
SARS hoax
Swine flu hoax 2009 (and ongoing)
Swne flu vaccine hoax 2009 (an ongoing)
Seasonal flu vaccine hoax (annually)
Nicely done, felch. I hope you took a chill pill, drink or even smoke after you wrote this. :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service