Tags: autism, frauds, homeopaths, hysterics, illuminati, immunization, mercury, nwo, quacks, thimerosal, More…thiomersal, vaccination

Views: 463

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey now, don't forget The Colonel's secret recipe of eleven herbs and spices that makes you crave it fortnightly. We wouldn't want to let The Pentavirate off the hook.
Silence, we've spoken too much already.

Make ready the Mega-Vax.
Thank you Louis, for bringing some much needed seriousness to the discussion.
Lulz FTW!
Finally somebody besides me mentions the opportunity cost to slavery-free mass murder.
Just read this long commentary on vaccines by Bill Maher on the Huffpost..... thought it was worth checking out for those still interested in this topic.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-maher/vaccination-a-conversatio_...

Here's a quick quote from the article:

"Is it worth it to get vaccines for every bug that goes around? Injecting something into my bloodstream? I'd like to reserve that for emergencies. This is the flu, and there's always a flu. I've said it before, America is a panicky country. It's like we look for things to panic about.The reports from Australia, where they're over their flu season, is that its not a terribly virulent flu. The worldwide numbers support that. But you'd never get that impression from the media in this country."

and another:

"And it's precisely because I am a Darwinist that I fear the overuse of antibiotics, since that is what has allowed nasty killer bugs like MRE to adapt so effectively that they are often resistant to any antibiotic we can throw at it. There are consequences to vaccines and antibiotics. Some people want to study that, and some, it seems, want to call off the debate."

what say you all?
Timo quoting Bill Maher: "And it's precisely because I am a Darwinist that I fear the overuse of antibiotics, since that is what has allowed nasty killer bugs like MRE to adapt so effectively that they are often resistant to any antibiotic we can throw at it. There are consequences to vaccines and antibiotics. Some people want to study that, and some, it seems, want to call off the debate."

what say you all?

a) That like our resident homeopath, if he doesn't understand the difference between an antibiotic and a vaccine, then he is in no position to comment on anything related to either and anything that falls out his mouth will be garbage that only further confuses the credulous. This is where the true idiocy of these antivaxxers blossoms - antibiotics are used post-infection and are usually non-specific and cannot treat viruses. Vaccines build immunity to prevent specific viral infection. True, there are non-viral vaccines, but H1N1 is a virus.

b)

This wasn't even the topic. Please re-read the introduction.

or just post it here. I'd like to know too.
http://www.atheistnexus.org/group/thesandbox

It's a place to screw around with formatting, and I guess ask questions as well.
A) He was talking about vaccines throughout the article. The quote I included was an aside on antibiotics which I thought was of interest because he mentioned Darwinism. Here he was merely drawing parallels between the way people debate both issues.

B) Did you even read the whole article? I know it was long, but don't call my post off topic if you didn't even read the whole thing. Or should I just post it here in its entirety? (rhetorical question).

C) I didn't post this because I agree with Maher. I was just throwing it out there for comments.
Timo: please read "Some Muddled Thinking From Bill Maher" here
I've now read it in full and all I have to say is... Brilliant.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service