Since people were asking for a less US-centric political test I tried to find one. The one at The Political Compass seems to fit the bill pretty well. The results aren't a simple single number, instead they're plotted on an x/y graph.
Economic issues are the X axis liberal being the negative, conservative being positive.
Social issues are the Y axis, again, liberal being negative, conservative positive.

My score was Economic: -7.75 Social -6.82

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Economic: -7.12
Social: -7.23
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.79

I'm with Gandhi and the Dalai Lama (though left and south of both).

I took this test 15 years ago. I'm considerably further left than I was at that time, but scored the exact same result as before on the Libertarian dimension.
I'm certainly not going to get a mob together to come over to your house late at night with pitchforks and flaming torches.
Meh
Attachments:
Economic -6

Authoritarian -8

Ghandian, Suits me;he's one of my life models.
Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.13

I am Gandhi! A least I think I dress better than he did.

The economic is the real surprise to me. I bet it would be higher (closer to zero) if it had been taken before the economic melt down.
That was great, thank for posting a non-US quiz Joey!

Somewhat unsurprisingly I ended up also in the green box:

Economic Left/Right: -7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64
I'm more of a left libertarian than Ghandi. I'm disappointed that conservative values are collated on the positive scale, no wonder the fundies think they're right.
Damn, what a bunch of saints on here! Livin' the lives that Jesus preached about.

By the way, mine was -6 and -5.59, respectively. Hangin' out with Gandhi, Mandela, and the Dali Lama. Ain't that special?!

I did get thrown out of sunday school once, for attributing that Karl Marx quote to Jesus. It just sounded so Seromn-on-the-Mount.
Ghandi, that right winged fascist. (just kidding)

The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -8.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.82

Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.00

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service