Almost a couple of years after we learned that Anne Rice left Christianity, here are a couple of update interviews where she talks about how she feels about organized religion and her reasons for leaving Christianity.

http://www.annerice.com/Chamber-Christianity.html

In her original coming out statement, she declared:

Today I quit being a Christian.  I'm out ... in the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay.  I refuse to be anti-feminist.  I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control.  I refuse to be anti-democrat.  I refuse to be anti-secular humanism.   I refuse to be anti-science.  I refuse to be anti-life.  In the name of Christ, I quit Christianity and being a Christian, Amen.

Views: 781

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Larrydam it!  Can't we all just get along?

Larry is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to park at Arco: he leadeth me beside the Jiffywash.

He restoreth my tank: he leadeth me in the interstate highways of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I drive through the offramp in the shadow of the chopshop, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rag and thy squeegee they comfort me.

Thou preparest a gas pump before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my engine with oil; my pan runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of Larry for ever.

When there was no fuel, he turned water into 98 octane gasoline.

Let's not let this become "auto"erotic. We all know where religious fervor can lead.

Let's not let this become "auto"erotic. We all know where religious fervor can lead.

We sure do - SEX IN THE BACK SEAT!

Oh! you are so clever! The wrench, racing flags, and all for Larry! 

When my car died the other day, I was sad. Larry didn't fix the car, so I had to call one of his disciples, Denny.

Soon my PT Cruiser will rise from the dead, with a new engine, brakes, CV joint, struts and an idler arm, epic resurrection!!!!

See, had I stuck to Larry's 10 Commandments (AKA 10-point maintenance plan), Especially #8:

• Thou shalt change thy serpentine belt before 100,000 miles.

…I would not be stuck with this piece o' shit rental Ford Probe.

How do you know Denny is a true Disciple of Larry?  There are those who are not true to the faith.  You should test him.

Denny's cool, he's a Fundamentalist Chrys-Larrian.

He *only* works on PT Cruisers.

Besides, I found him on Craig's List last year and bought a rim off him, …so I know where he lives...

OK.  I never argue with a man of faith.

Richard and Ruth! I Did it!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service