Almost a couple of years after we learned that Anne Rice left Christianity, here are a couple of update interviews where she talks about how she feels about organized religion and her reasons for leaving Christianity.

http://www.annerice.com/Chamber-Christianity.html

In her original coming out statement, she declared:

Today I quit being a Christian.  I'm out ... in the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay.  I refuse to be anti-feminist.  I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control.  I refuse to be anti-democrat.  I refuse to be anti-secular humanism.   I refuse to be anti-science.  I refuse to be anti-life.  In the name of Christ, I quit Christianity and being a Christian, Amen.

Views: 803

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Praise Larry!

Uh oh, …this could get meme-ish...

"Let's not let this become "auto"erotic. We all know where religious fervor can lead."

Ahhh… now we bring it back to Anne Rice.

Whew!  Back on topic!

Well, so now we know she's a self-professed non-Christian Christian. I wonder if there's a Venn Diagram for this?

….and for some reason I'm wondering what kind of car she drives, if she drives.

Or, maybe she's one of those, "I don't believe in driving anymore. I drive a 1975 Mercury Marquis" ...Kinda' people.

Let me see if I understand this ... she doesn't believe in Christ or the church; does she continue to pray? what is Jesus, the son of god or of man? Was he born of a virgin? 

What does any of this mean, anyway? She has an opinion and I am not going to be one to doubt her sincerity, just her judgment. 

She believes in all the Jesus stuff, she just doesn't want to be lumped in with the rest of the people who believe in all the Jesus stuff but, (and I think this gets to the heart of Ms. Rice's big, …uh, …but) their interpretation of all the Jesus stuff offends her.

The ol' Reverse No True Scotsman maneuver...

…and she's so much better than they are in her Jesusness.

Well, really, how does anyone know if Jesus was the son of anyone?  I mean, how many naked pictures have you seen of Jesus?  He might really have been the daughter of man.  Or really, the daughter of woman.  That's why she had 12 men following her everywhere.  She was really alluring.  If Mary did not have intercourse with a man, then there would have been no sperm, and all Y chromosomes derive from sperm.  That means Jesus would be XX.  And thus female.  Well, actually there is de la Chapelle syndrome, which is XX male. Damn, I just discredited my own argument. Wait - one of the X's in de la Chapelle contains Y element from the father, which was transferred to the X. So it still takes a sperm. I rest my case.

"I mean, how many naked pictures have you seen of Jesus?"

Wanna' buy some?

Richard, I doubt that any photographs you have of Jesus would be reliable.  Even if clearly labeled "Jesus", there were a lot of kids named "Jesus" at the time. No way to know which one.

"No way to know which one."

Curses!

Foiled by Pascal's Folly again!!

Larry would welcome all, even a 1975 Mercury Marquis.  Even (take a deep breath) a 1971 Ford Pinto.  I know this because Larry told me.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service