Man Fails to Make Complete Stop at Stop Sign, Is Anally Searched 8 ...

If you're pulled over for failing to come to a full stop at a stop sign, this could happen.

A lawsuit alleges that David Eckert was forced to go through invasive and repeated searches of his anus by police and doctors.

A New Mexico man has filed a federal lawsuit over a traffic stop gone horribly wrong. The New Mexico-based news outlet KOB 4 investigates the story of David Eckert, who was forced to go through invasive and repeated searches of his anus by police and doctors, despite the fact that he had no drugs on him.

The nightmare began on January 2, 2013. New Mexico resident Eckert was driving out of a WalMart parking lot when he didn’t make a complete stop at a stop sign, and was pulled over. Law enforcement thought he was “clenching his buttocks,” and obtained a search warrant from a judge to search his anus for narcotics.

Police from Deming, New Mexico took Eckert to an emergency room to undergo the anal cavity search, but a doctor refused to perform it because it was “unethical,” according to the lawsuit.  But a few hours later, doctors agreed to perform the search.

It wasn’t only one search. An x-ray of Eckert found no narcotics. Doctors performed a search of his anus with their fingers. Again, nothing was found. On three separate occasions, doctors inserted an “enema”--a device used to induce bowel movements--into Eckert, and he was forced to defecate. They x-rayed him again. Nothing was ever found.

Finally, and without the consent of Eckert, he was sedated and a colonoscopy was performed on him. No drugs were ever found throughout the invasive procedures. [emphasis mine]

I hope Eckert gets a six figure settlement.

Tags: anal search

Views: 456

Replies to This Discussion

The above is not the full story.  Here's the complete story

But here’s the thing: Kerr isn’t sure Winston means Eckert’s constitutional rights were violated when he was.
-- from the Forbes article

If that's the case, then how far are we away from a police state ... or at minimum a state where police powers border on carte blanche?

When a plant or a recreational chemical can be "contraband", it's already an unacceptable situation. 

Contraband should be limited to things like explosives and nuclear weapons. 

Another man is alleging that Hidalgo County, N.M., police violated his rights and escalated a minor traffic stop into an anal-probing nightmare as they searched in vain for drugs.

Timothy Young was stopped on Oct. 13, 2012, for allegedly turning without a signal. A K-9 dog erroneously indicated he had drugs in his vehicle and he was taken to the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City, N.M., where doctors performed an x-ray scan and a digital anal probe.

Perhaps the K-9 dog was simply hungry and wanted to do something that would give him a little treat. If so, smart dog.

In ALL these cases an X-ray scan is enough. IF no objects are visible in a person's anus then that is the end of the story. If you got a good view except the fact that nothing is there. NOBODY has a right to be forcefully put objects into your anus. Believing there is such a right allows bad cops with "control issues" to do about any damned thing that they want. Personally, they should be kicked off the force.

"Hey, Charlie. Did you smuggle in those drugs that I wanted?"

"Yeah, I put them in my ass inside an invisible bag."

What happened to David Eckert was an example of the War on Drugs which has been waged since declared by President Nixon around forty years ago. This war has criminalised a generation and ruined hundreds of thousands lives through incarcerations and executions around the world. It has created police corruption, huge government expenditure and an affluent violent criminal class. It has completely failed.

Some countries have stopped the War on Drugs by decriminalisation and more countries will follow suit because it is the only sensible option in the circumstances.

Here's another article about the legal and ethical aspects of this.

The "probable cause" in Eckert's case was because the police officer claimed a drug dog alerted to the front seat of Eckert's car.  Maybe the front seat had traces of meth on it - apparently he was a meth user. 

Now a third person has come forth telling of invasive medical procedures done to search for drugs.  A woman this time.  Her lawyer Schaur says

A dog alerted to the woman, and Schaur Ives said federal agents stripped searched her at the facility, asked her to undress, to spread her genitalia and to cough. Female agents also allegedly pressed their fingers into her vagina looking for drugs.

The woman claims they didn't discover anything during the on-site strip search, so they took her to University Medical Center of El Paso. 

"First, medical staff observed her making a bowl movement and no drugs were found at that point," Schaur Ives said. "They then took an X-ray, but it did not reveal any contraband. They then did a cavity search and they probed her vagina and her anus, they described in the medical records as bi-manual--two handed. Finally, they did a cat scan. Again, they found nothing."

The woman considers herself a victim of sexual assault.
I did a rolling stop this morning on my bicycle. Luckily nobody grabbed me and took me to the ER to get the inside of my body searched.

One very nice thing about going around on a bicycle - I don't have a car - is that I'm under the radar.  The police don't bother me. 

I've thought about getting a car, but this sort of thing makes me think it's a really good idea to be under the radar.  I have a very VERY bad dog allergy, and I dread being in a situation where police would want to have a dog sniff me or my car. 

There was also a story about a very young guy with an extreme milk allergy - who was jailed on a misdemeanor marijuana violation.  He turned himself in, he was in the jail for about 24 hours, they served food.  They were serving oatmeal, and he quizzed the staff about whether it was milk-free, and he was assured that it was. 

So he took a couple bites of the oatmeal, went to his cell, where he started jumping up and down for half an hour calling for a nurse, because he was having an allergic reaction. 

Nobody came until he was found unconscious on the floor of his cell.  They called emergency help then, but it was too late.  He died. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service