Amusing Responses You Got From People When You Came Out About Being An Atheist.

I thougt It would be interesting to see some of the more comical responses people have received upon coming out. I'll start things off with my favorite.

I was about 16 and a guy in class found out that I didn't believe in god and he came up to me and asked

Boy: "So do you really not believe in god"

Me: "No."

Boy: "So.... You worship the devil?!"

I got this one in one form or another many times..... Gotta love the bible belt! :)

Scott

Views: 5972

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From Shrek?
Yes! That is the ass of which I speak!
I was told it was moisture in the air. I like this one better!
Knowledge is good!
Exactamundo!
yeah the number one response i get is "well then where do u think we come from?" my response "quite frankly my dear.... i don't give a damn"
My family keeps insisting that I am still a Christian. It doesn't make any difference what I do or say. The know that I am a practicing Buddhist and have taken the Bodhisattva Vow. God are they closed minded. I told my sister that the only true Christians were the Nostics. (SP) The Catholic Church wiped them out. My Buddhism has become a great comfort.. there are no gods to worship and you are allowed to pick the parts you believe. I have trouble with reincarnation but it isn't a problem. The single most enlightening thing that has made me a happier person is fighting to give up Lust This isn't about sex, it is about greed.
Probably not all that funny, but a conversation with my father:

Me: Dad, I've decided that there is no god. I'm an atheist, as I believe religion is harmful to the human race and to society.
Dad: Well it's about goddamned time you got over all that tomfoolery. Welcome to the family.
Me: ....um......thanks?
sounds like your dad thinks that way too, and has been waiting for you to say something like that.
Are you kidding?! That is the best reply yet! Lucky!
A cousin of mine ask me what religion I was and I told him I was an Atheist - he paused for a moment and then asked me, "So how do you find purpose in your life?". I asked him what purpose did god give you for your life? He couldn't come up with one.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service