Amusing Responses You Got From People When You Came Out About Being An Atheist.

I thougt It would be interesting to see some of the more comical responses people have received upon coming out. I'll start things off with my favorite.

I was about 16 and a guy in class found out that I didn't believe in god and he came up to me and asked

Boy: "So do you really not believe in god"

Me: "No."

Boy: "So.... You worship the devil?!"

I got this one in one form or another many times..... Gotta love the bible belt! :)

Scott

Views: 5879

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, you guys are funny! :D

I saw a shirt in St.Louis once that I still regret not buying "coffee saves"

I still love the old hockey line, Jesus Saves!  But Gretsky get the rebound, he shoots, he SCORES!!

I've never gotten the "But your a good person" line. People just don't believe I am because, like most atheists, I know more that they do about their own religions. I've been accused by a Christian on facebook to be pretending to be atheist to test other peoples faith.

Awesome. I wish people had conspiratorial fantasies about me. *facepalm*

:) Just follow up with "Yes...I am."
I'm sure we've all experienced the "But your a good person!" conversation.
People just can't understand how you can be good person while not believing in a god, it messes up their whole stereotype of atheists.
I usually get the "but you're such a nice person" response.

I've also gotten," You shouldn't be allowed to be a father."

Last one is not really comical, though.
You say... "up until that point he'd been telling us what a fantastic job we'd been doing raising them." That would really irk me too! So he just put his blinders on now?! I feel ya.
Ya that last one is mean!
I get that bit about being a good person a lot. Or the line: "You'd make a great Christian."
To which my response is, "Maybe, but I make a better atheist!"

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service