Amusing Responses You Got From People When You Came Out About Being An Atheist.

I thougt It would be interesting to see some of the more comical responses people have received upon coming out. I'll start things off with my favorite.

I was about 16 and a guy in class found out that I didn't believe in god and he came up to me and asked

Boy: "So do you really not believe in god"

Me: "No."

Boy: "So.... You worship the devil?!"

I got this one in one form or another many times..... Gotta love the bible belt! :)

Scott

Views: 5755

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Exactamundo!
yeah the number one response i get is "well then where do u think we come from?" my response "quite frankly my dear.... i don't give a damn"
My family keeps insisting that I am still a Christian. It doesn't make any difference what I do or say. The know that I am a practicing Buddhist and have taken the Bodhisattva Vow. God are they closed minded. I told my sister that the only true Christians were the Nostics. (SP) The Catholic Church wiped them out. My Buddhism has become a great comfort.. there are no gods to worship and you are allowed to pick the parts you believe. I have trouble with reincarnation but it isn't a problem. The single most enlightening thing that has made me a happier person is fighting to give up Lust This isn't about sex, it is about greed.
Probably not all that funny, but a conversation with my father:

Me: Dad, I've decided that there is no god. I'm an atheist, as I believe religion is harmful to the human race and to society.
Dad: Well it's about goddamned time you got over all that tomfoolery. Welcome to the family.
Me: ....um......thanks?
sounds like your dad thinks that way too, and has been waiting for you to say something like that.
Are you kidding?! That is the best reply yet! Lucky!
A cousin of mine ask me what religion I was and I told him I was an Atheist - he paused for a moment and then asked me, "So how do you find purpose in your life?". I asked him what purpose did god give you for your life? He couldn't come up with one.
That is an excellent response! Why didn't I think of that?
I always wonder if the believers have any intellectual ability. The Mormons are forbidden to have any objective discussions of their belief at all. PBS did a Frontline , my favorite show on TV, and one of the 12 leaders said as much. You have to believe blindly. Questions lead to problems and excommunication.
CHildren's services can't tell you who called, but if you already know, then you can inform them of why you think "this" person called, and they probably won't deny the fact that "this" person is the one. That happened to me, and I said "she called because of (reason) and they didn't say otherwise.
Wow... what town is this that I should never step in?

Thankfully Florida isn't as bad as many places, even if we do have many battles going on.
"I know it doesn't make sense, but it makes me feel better to believe in god".

None of the others were funny, just hostile.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service