Amusing Responses You Got From People When You Came Out About Being An Atheist.

I thougt It would be interesting to see some of the more comical responses people have received upon coming out. I'll start things off with my favorite.

I was about 16 and a guy in class found out that I didn't believe in god and he came up to me and asked

Boy: "So do you really not believe in god"

Me: "No."

Boy: "So.... You worship the devil?!"

I got this one in one form or another many times..... Gotta love the bible belt! :)

Scott

Views: 5816

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

whenever someone says "oh my god" I always say "which one?" Not for my benefit, but because of so many different faiths. It always makes them stop and think. I love shaking things up!
I was telling my boss about the Texas School Board atrocities yesterday and the first thing he said was, "It's a shame the damn liberals won't let them teach the facts of ID." I did not know that he was a born again because I have never heard him even mention religion. Well, I couldn't just keep my mouth shut and started going into the ridiculousness of ID. He laughed and asked me what I beleived in. I told him that I do not believe in anything. I accept ideas based on their scientific validity and that ID has no scientific validity.
Well long story short he says "Your Fired."
I say "You can't fire me just because I don't believe in your fantasy!"
Him: "Yes I can"
me: "But..But.."
Him: "I'm just f$ckin with ya! Get back to work. HAHA!!!"

He is actually a bible thumping christian but he didn't care in the least that I am an atheist. Scared the crap out of me though!
That sucks, but is really funny at the same time.
At least he had a sence of humor about it. Now you won't have to get a lawyer!
How can anyone believe in "GOD"
My son is 14 months. 7 surgeries in and blind....
At first i was told to put my faith in god, he will follow through.
Who would put faith in something they have never seen.
if this is gods will to do this to my son, that is the sickest thing ive ever heard.
If one more person says, "well ray charles, lived a sucessful life" actually he was a divorced drug addict.
My family can keep there sugar coated hopes of some man in the sky.
I CHOOSE REALISM, not fantasy.

Thanks.
I feel your pain. My 4 month old son was born with spina bifida. My catholic in-laws keep saying that its 'god's plan' and that 'He has His reasons.' What kind of reason can there be in a child destined to live that kind of life. When I bring this reasoning up to my in-laws, I only get the rolling of the eyes with the 'oh-ye-of-little-faith' attitude.

I hate religion, alot.
On a different level (not spina bifida, but autism) I got that same arguement from my relatives, involving my first child. They simply have to find some way to cope. Why couldn't they have just been supportive of me, the parent, instead of offering to "pray for me". I'll never figure them out.
Praying for someone is a useless as it gets. i hope that your feet stay grounded. SCIENCE SAVES not imaginary figures.
i apologize for the wait. my laptop needed to be fixed. I know that with my son, it is hard for everyone. I wish you the best. Im happy to hear you havent fallen for false hope. Realism is the one thing that will keep you sain.
yes, he's adorable! Big brown eyes!

God I hate that stuff. My mother suffered horribly when she was dying of cancer.  Writhing and whimpering in pain and confusion.  I told one person that I wish I could have put her out of her misery.  This person replied that I shouldn't do that because god wasn't done with her.  Maybe god was protecting her.  So god is torturing my mom for his own unfathomable reason that we cannot know.  God is working thru her pain to teach her or her family somthing?  I actually controlled myself, probably just too tired on death watch to scream at her, "It's god, why can't he do this up in heaven?"

Another person asked if I really knew my mother was suffering.  As if a person in agony and suffering from mental distress at her predicament was faking it or if god had magically taken her pain and just left behind the signs of said pain.  Im still mad at this person.  However Im still civil and working towards forgiving her because her partner is my best friend.

I don't think that people even realize how cruel their god is and how their delusion makes them culpable in the emotional cruelty set down inthe bible and it's institutions.  I stil feel sick to my stomach over everything that went on when my mom was dying.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service