Amusing Responses You Got From People When You Came Out About Being An Atheist.

I thougt It would be interesting to see some of the more comical responses people have received upon coming out. I'll start things off with my favorite.

I was about 16 and a guy in class found out that I didn't believe in god and he came up to me and asked

Boy: "So do you really not believe in god"

Me: "No."

Boy: "So.... You worship the devil?!"

I got this one in one form or another many times..... Gotta love the bible belt! :)

Scott

Views: 5756

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Colorado Springs in beautiful but Focus on the Family scares me and in general I've heard it's very Christian there. I used to travel there for business.
I'm grateful to be in liberal Denver, even though CO is a conservative state.

Yeah, Focus on the Family is pretty scary to me too.  I have that fucker to thank for a mother who beat me for everything and who planted the idea into her head that the purpose of  corporal punishment is to "break your child's spirit."  Not a pretty thing.

So, I was talking with one of my co-workers after we got off work, and she started going off on god and how he has saved her life and blah... I just kinda ignored it and started doing something else because I'm fairly non-confrontational about the whole thing honestly, I let supid people be stupid because you can't fix it so why try? Anyway she is listing off all of the reasons why she believes in god and then she goes...

Friend: "So why do you believe in god?"

Me: "I don't"

Friend: "...How can you not believe in god?"

Me: "Easy. I'm an Atheist. I don't believe in god."

Friend: "Oh, so you don't believe he's there for you. Everyone goes through that. It'll pass."

Me: "... No I mean he doesn't exist. I don't think he's abandoned me or that he can't do anything right, not the kind of not believing in god where you don't believe in your kid because they lied to you. It's, I don't believe he exists, just like I don't believe I have any children."

Friend: "But how can you not believe he exists?"

Me: "... I just don't."

Friend: "Can I change your mind?"

Me: "Can I have your car?"

Friend: "..."

Me: "No? Then that's your answer too."
Next time one of these conversations comes up, I'll have to remember to ask for their car. XD
The "Can I have your car?" line is the best response ever.
I love that line!! "Can I change your mind?" "Can I have your car?" LOL!
The most amusing response I've gotten when telling someone that I'm an atheist is: "What's an atheist?"

That response came from a catholic friend.
Haha, that's a good one.
Me: I'm an atheist
She: That's so weird! I've always thought you were so rational!
Bwahaha!
Ironic...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service