Amusing Responses You Got From People When You Came Out About Being An Atheist.

I thougt It would be interesting to see some of the more comical responses people have received upon coming out. I'll start things off with my favorite.

I was about 16 and a guy in class found out that I didn't believe in god and he came up to me and asked

Boy: "So do you really not believe in god"

Me: "No."

Boy: "So.... You worship the devil?!"

I got this one in one form or another many times..... Gotta love the bible belt! :)

Scott

Views: 5903

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It could also be that she is curious....

M.

Unless we all conform, unless we follow our leaders blindly, there is no possible way we can remain free.

-- Major Frank Burns, 4077th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital

About the worst response I have gotten when telling a christian that I am an atheist was;

"I am so, so sorry for you"!! :(

That person was my own Mom!

Pyriis, laughable, right?  haha
Well, when you stare at people while wearing Joker makeup, can you blame them for questioning your morals?
I don't think I ever really "came out". My friends and family just figured it out themselves. I didn't even know my little sister knew that I was an atheist until this past summer. We were in line for a ride and she says there was a book sale, so I go "Book sale? Where?" and then she goes "Well, it's a Christian book sale. As an atheist, you don't like that crap." And she proceeded to giggle. xD

And my friends really don't care. I don't really think many other kids my age care either. I was in a pissy mood one day, and one of the guys who had a locker beside me goes "I love Jesus!" and then the guy to the other side of me says "Me too!" So I said "Jesus isn't real." One of the guys goes "You don't believe in Jesus?! o:" And then my best friend comes up beside me and goes "She's an atheist. 8|" Never had a problem with them before or after that.
"No you're not!"

I was told "you don't believe, because you want to do what you want to do".  WHATEVER!

My sister who I had been close to, refuses to speak to me. I refuse to compromise and never hide it. All religion is EVIL. I'm a Buddhist but it truly is not a religion. Buddha didn't believe in god and the Dalia Lama does not either.
I used to be an ordained minister and an opening conservative fundamentalist Christian. I forget how it came up but I told a friend of my sister's I was an atheist. She just said "WHAT!!??" and sat there for about 30 seconds with her mouth open, stunned. The expression on her face was priceless.

When I came out as atheist to my grandmother:

Grandmother: That's sad you don't believe in anything..

Me: That's not true, I believe in love and honor and respect

Mom: *scowling*: we mean something important...

(when I came out to mom as atheist)

Mom: Well you can't celebrate Christmas...

(wtf)

That's a good one with your grandmother.

I've gotten the whole Christmas thing too. When someone found out I was an atheist they seemed very angry that I actually do spend time with my family at Christmas and enjoy it. They began a long argument trying to convince me that I couldn't "really" enjoy Christmas.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service