Amusing Responses You Got From People When You Came Out About Being An Atheist.

I thougt It would be interesting to see some of the more comical responses people have received upon coming out. I'll start things off with my favorite.

I was about 16 and a guy in class found out that I didn't believe in god and he came up to me and asked

Boy: "So do you really not believe in god"

Me: "No."

Boy: "So.... You worship the devil?!"

I got this one in one form or another many times..... Gotta love the bible belt! :)

Scott

Views: 5839

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was called brain-washed and all that. Nothing so funny really. The story that follows isn't that funny either, rather scary.
I was having a discussion about origins of morality and how it has nothing to do with no religion, with a friend of mine, a young woman of Jamaican descent. She's a churchgoer and claims that people have to follow something or they are lost. I told her that even if god exists nobody has a faintest idea if it want's to be worshipped and how. She agreed. Yet still stuck to her idea about having to follow bible, even if it was written by bronze-age sexist slave-owners and not any supreme being. Since I know bible very well and sadly she doesn't I quoted some of my favorite passages on slavery. It didn't work. She was a bit shocked but decided to defend her believes no matter what.
She: It was ok in those times.
Me: Why not now? Is it because it's immoral?
She: No, because it's illegal. If it was moral then it has to be moral now.
Me: So if you were a slave, you'd obey your master like the Bible says?
She: Yes.
Me: And given an opportunity you'd own slaves and beat them like Bible allows you to?
She: Yes.
Me: Even though your ancestors suffered as slaves???
She: Well, we all have to follow something and I follow Bible

Seriously, what do u say to that?!?!?!
Answer: "Fine - you follow the bible. I prefer common sense."
It doesn't help. I tried to reason with her... many times. Sad.
You should just tell her that you are afraid of her and don't want to continue contact. If you follow though with that, that might make her think.
RIGHT ON!!!!
You don't say anything to them. You slap them in the face and report them to the authorities as potentially dangerous.
hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry, MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! soon we shall rule the world with Dawkins as our supreme being!!!!!!!!!!!!
you don't say anything, you cry in desperation and fear for the future of mankind.

wow, that's quit... sickening...

Metallica, "sad but true"

I had the same thing with my uncle, asked him if god told everyone to jump off a bridge...

The one that causes me to chuckle when I hear it is:

"So then when we die, that's it? That's what you believe?! When you're dead, your dead!"

Christian, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist....doesn't matter; some being more angry than others when they say it is the only difference and the angrier they are, the funnier it is......am I bad or what? :)
lol my funniest one would have to be "my parents believe in the bible so i do to"
'my parents believe the world is flat, so i do to' I hope this person doesn't vote.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service