American Atheists 2013 National Convention
Celebrating 50 Years of Reason!

March 28-31, 2013
Austin, Texas

RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY!

NEWS FLASH!
Recently added guests include: Congressman Pete Stark, Cristina Rad, Seth Andrews (Host of The Thinking Atheist), and Hemant Mehta! We've also updated our Childcare Options! (See below)

You are cordially invited to join American Atheists in Austin, Texas, for our National Convention and 50th anniversary celebration!

It has been an amazing fifty years since American Atheists started in Austin, with Madalyn Murray O’Hair. Now we are heading back to where it all began, for our fiftieth anniversary bash! This convention is going to be a blowout with three full days of speakers and events with TED-style plenary talks!

Come celebrate with us at the Hyatt Regency Austin (208 Barton Springs Road), just stumbling distance from downtown Austin. The hotel is also right next to the famous Bat Bridge! 

The 2013 Convention will host 1,500 fellow atheists, plus vendors, speakers, comedians, entertainers, an art show and silent auction, and much more! There will be a fundraising dinner on Thursday night in the hotel restaurant overlooking Bat Bridge, so we will have the opportunity to watch the bats leave for their nightly hunting and then enjoy a great dinner to help raise money for American Atheists to initiate lawsuits and continue activism.

Camp Quest Texas is holding a "Mini Camp Quest" in conjunction with American Atheists National Convention. Children and teens ages 8-16 are eligible to attend this event. Teens ages 13-16 can help as "counselors-in-training" (CITs).  Click here to complete the camper and CIT registration process. The registration fee is $75 for the entire weekend, or you can register and pay for each day separately ($30 per day). 

http://atheists.org/convention2013

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is anyone planning on going? I was wondering.

I just started a job.  Dayum

Congrats! Regina - I wish you the best with your new job.

Anyone on the nexus site plan on attending?

No, but I wish I could Steph! :)

Wish all my Nexus friends were here with me. That would be so much fun. : )

[sigh] WHY can't they hold one of these in Cleveland???

Wish I could be there.  Please keep us updated on everything that takes place, e.g., web sites, etc.  Have a great time meeting fellow atheists, hearing thought provoking speakers and taking part in amazing conversations.

Ok - I will try to post updates : )

Why does everything happen in Texas? Seriously. 

hi Alyson! : )

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Todd Crispin replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Hawking Likes Film on His Life in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
21 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Patricia's discussion Very Ancient Sharks Teeth Found in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
24 minutes ago
Todd Crispin liked John Jubinsky's discussion Hawking Likes Film on His Life
25 minutes ago
Todd Crispin replied to Patricia's discussion Very Ancient Sharks Teeth Found in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
28 minutes ago
Todd Crispin posted discussions
49 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
50 minutes ago
Todd Crispin replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Pope Francis confesses that Evolution and the Big Bang theory are right: God isn't 'a magician with a magic wand' in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Patricia replied to Todd Crispin's discussion Unidentified Flying Objects?
1 hour ago
Profile IconTodd Crispin, Kristi H and Connor Galletly joined Dr. Terence Meaden's group
1 hour ago
Todd Crispin posted a status
"Sitting here eating sunflower seeds waiting for smart people to create a pill to make be skinny again....lol.."
1 hour ago
Todd Crispin replied to Todd Crispin's discussion Unidentified Flying Objects?
1 hour ago
Jimmy McCann replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Pope Francis confesses that Evolution and the Big Bang theory are right: God isn't 'a magician with a magic wand' in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service