ALL Politicians Should Be Made to Read: "Homosexuality, atheism etc: What's it to you?"

Every now and then I read an article and say,  "WOW ... I wish I would have said that."  

After reading the article linked below entitled, "Homosexuality, Atheism etc:  What' it to you?"  I felt that  every politician in America should be made to read it before taking office.  It wouldn't hurt the general public to consider the message either.

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Homosexuality-atheism-etc-Whats-it-t...

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The thing is with religion, it install a feeling that you are better than others. Both when I was a Christian and then a Muslim you get the feeling that you ARE better than the non-believers or the other sects of the same religion. They don't go to heaven, you do stuff like that. 

So they feel a moral obligation to make stuff like my sexual orientation, or lack of beliefs their business. 

I know in most religions evangelising is seen as a requirement by those in charge. I remember reading an article on "how Dawah is the 6th Pillar of Islam" 

So most will ignore the article. I wouldn't if I was still brainwashed 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joseph Corder replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Chimp-on-chimp murder. Humans are not the only violent species.
26 minutes ago
Loren Miller added a discussion to the group Atheist News
33 minutes ago
Luara replied to Travis Hedglin's discussion Whats the deal with feminism?
46 minutes ago
Luara replied to MattyLJ's discussion Moving to Florida
1 hour ago
Joseph Corder posted photos
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"Doing the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Walk this morning, a nice 3-mile jaunt. I'll let you know how it goes."
1 hour ago
"Doing the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Walk this morning, a nice 3-mile jaunt. I'll let you know how it goes."
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Joseph P replied to Shaun Johnston's discussion Critical review of Darwin's "Origin..." 6th edition posted in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
3 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service