Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yup ... that says it all, pretty much, in 139 characters, even!

And I have a bridge to sell you. And weapons of mass destruction.

That god, he's such a prankster!

A recent tweet by Ricky Gervais:

"It's almost as if The Bible was written by racist, sexist, homophobic, violent, sexually frustrated men, instead of a loving God. Weird."

I"ve thought that too.  Don't know why I would feel that way......

Yeah, they lost me at "The creator of the universe wrote a book."

Post script to the tweet. "Sorry, but the plan didn't work."

In Jim Huber's parody of a tract, the author and illustrator of many fundamentalist tracts dies, and ends up in front of God's throne. The meeting doesn't go as well as he expects:

"How dare you presume to speak for Me! I have half a mind to create a Hell, just so I can toss you in it!"

A few frames later:

"But I'm forgiven! You died on the cross for the world's sins! I believe in You! Jesus Saves!"  "That's absurd! Why would I need to sacrifice Myself to Myself to allow Me to change a rule... I made Myself!?!"

I wonder if anyone reads them? This particular one is a parody? Well, spending that much time on anything such as this would be time lost and never found.

Good one...

That says it all pretty well, but he forgot to add the "love."

The best explanation I've ever heard.

Sickening, isn't it! Such a bloodthirsty belief system. It is a belief based on ignorance, fear, and rejection of doubt and questioning. Perfect formula for mentally disturbed individuals. And they actively spread it around to others. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service