Atheists in dominant religious societies are trying their best to prove that they are not evil as propagated by religious leaders. They are trying to get acceptance in their societies. By insulting their religious beliefs, we are adding to the troubles of atheists in religious societies. Such incidents also give religious leaders to spread and justify hate against atheists. I am not against the freedom of speech and expression, but concerned about the safety of atheists in hardcore religious socities. So in my opinion we must opt for peaceful discussions with theists rathar then mocking their beliefs. we must try to calmly make them realise that their beliefs are not true. Remember theists are ignorant, brainwashed and not actually foolish. Ofcourse i understand the fact that religious people mock at atheists which makes us angry but for the sake of atheists in dominantly religious countries we must control our anger.

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That one draws a picture of the Prophet Muhammad is considered an insult is absurd. That one ought be killed for such an activity is outrageous. Respect is one thing, appeasement another thing entirely. A Muslim has every right to say, "It is an insult to my religious beliefs for you to draw an image of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم)". If that were all the matter were about I doubt there would have been a "Everybody Draw Muhammed Day".

But that is not the issue. The point of the Day was to state, unequivocally, that Muslim demands that all people abide by their rules, under pain of death, no matter where one lives, is unacceptable: we will not abide by such demands, nor will we live in fear.

We do not live under the Caliphate, nor will we allow ourselves to be.

That some will use the Day to their political advantage, denouncing the degeneracy and immorality of the West, is inconsequential. We are defending our right to live in a secular society.

Ought we modify our behaviour because some Christians are iconoclasts? Do these Christians have a right to destroy all images of the Christ they may find, and to demand death to all who would not only create icons, but merely draw an image of the Christ?

No.

And so too for Muslims who make such demands. They have right to express their offence through peaceful means, but they do not have a right to dictate one adheres to their beliefs under the threat of violence.
Just FYI -

http://zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/

These images are scattered throughout the middle east. Some, like the Wahhabists in Saudi land are dealing with this with the bulldozer approach - obliterating everything that has any historical value. That's another link for our humanist accommodationist friends to read and digest fully.
And while we're at it, let's NOT forget what the Taliban did to those massive Buddhas in Afghanistan. That one all by itself gets me angry enough to spit bullets!
Yet it'd be an improvement if they just blew up statues instead of people. Maybe we should mass-produce concrete Buddha statues and drop them all other Afpak. On a second thought, Muhammad statues would be even better.
Yet it'd be an improvement if they just blew up statues instead of people. Maybe we should mass-produce concrete Buddha statues and drop them all other Afpak. On a second thought, Muhammad statues would be even better.
Yes it will be a pleasant improvement for the people of these countries too. Drones dropping statues instead of bombs. Lesser children would be orphened, lesser number of Taliban in the future as a result. I wonder if pantagon would also recommend this change too.
Well, let me add a drawing of the prophet Apollonios of Tyana:

O
/|\
|
/\

Apollonios was convinced that god was beautiful, although he could not say what he/it looked like.
Too lazy to polish -

Careful now, assholes everywhere will be offended and might riot.
I can't be 'Felch Grogan' would be unable to polish off an asshole.
Joel, you might want to see this.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service