Advertisements are annoying in general and it's getting easy to not even see them anymore. Nevertheless, it's especially annoying when automated ads such as the ones provided by Google on the top of this page and many others see so many references to "god" and provide religious ads. At the top of the page I'm typing on are 3 ads by Google, one for a "Christ-centered degree scholarship...", "Christ-The hunger for Him...", and "Looking for a church in Seoul?" Wonder what the reaction would be if we got our heathen products recommended on religious sites?

Tags: advertising, google

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heh. I can imagine an Atheist Nexus ad on a christian singles site.  It makes me chuckle.
There is a sign by my house for massage-therapy with one of those 'jesus-fish' symbols beneath it to show they are christian.  I want to call them and pretend I don't understand and tell them I see they do fish-massages and that my fish has been really stressed lately...
You can tune a guitar, but you can't tune a fish.
For what it is worth, it has been my experience that businesses that tout their godliness are particularly apt to be rip offs.
If there is one thing that is fair and impartial it is the market. They are just trying to get the most out of their advertising dollar. I suspect some program picked this sight because of how often we mention words like "god.".

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service