ACLU encourages and succeeds in getting a NC School Board to Ban prayer at all Upcoming Events!

The ACLU is successful once again in protecting the rights of minorities.  I was very happcy to read this news story.  Then I scrolled down to the comment section.  This is where things go bad.  The ignorance in those comments literally burns.  I would really appreciate my fellow Nexus Atheists to join me in adding reason to this conversation.  I know mostly everyone lives somewhere other than North Carolina but I feel this is bigger than just my state.    If you can please click on this link and leave a comment to help even out the responses.

Thank you Everyone in Advance!

Tags: ACLU, NC, prayer

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

" Teaching evolution in school is a violation of the separation of church and state too though because it has zero factual basis and is only theory and a belief in that theory, so its a religion too... one that requires much more "faith" than any other one, actually."<----Actual comment left on this page, WTF?!

"Atheism should be banned from our schools. Separation between ACLU and State"<---Another Gem,  I don't want to live in this state anymore....

Wow.  I will leave a comment. Scary dumb crap.

*hugs to my fellow stuck in NC atheists* Jessica I'm beginning to think the heat and/or the water here is detrimental to the mental health of our state.

I don't have a Facebook account any longer, I left ages ago because I found that a lot of our information was being sold to other countries, even so-called rogue nations and that the security features are simply there to make you feel secure, simple window dressing, so I can't post there. I did however send this to NBC17 this morning along with a rather snippy letter showing my disgust:

Officially called the "Treaty of peace and friendship between the United States of America and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli, of Barbary," most refer to it as simply the Treaty of Tripoli. In Article 11, it states:

"As the Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

Someone should post that there, just to stick in their craw.

you can comment on their main page if you want, FB is not required there.  you can comment using all kinds of log in options

Yeah I saw that you could sign in there, but FOX is one of those companies that has no scruples or journalistic integrity, I don't know if I want an account on their site LOL.

you can use google, yahoo, msn, or many others to comment by signing into them through fox.  The local fox news here does not come off to me to be anything like the fox news network.  They are not as bias imo.

Have you guys seen this article yet?

How Christian Fundamentalists Plan to Teach Genocide to School Chil...

It seems you win one battle and another one gains momentum. We're just going to have to keep beating them using the law and the court system, arguing with logic and reason seems to fall on deaf ears. I agree more and more with the idea that it's a virus.

I did read that, the xtians are trying to create the dark ages again.

I keep trying to get someone in Europe to adopt my husband and I... I'm a good cook and a clean freak, I just don't understand the lack of interest! LOL

Yup.  It's a game of whack-a-mole.  It doesn't ever stop.

On it.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service