According to Conservative pundit Kevin McCullough - "Nobody is gay"

Can't these people posit a single idea that doesn't depend on question begging and circular reasoning?

The logic bombs this guy drops are epic.

"After calling GLAAD a tool of the Devil, talk show host Kevin McCullough defended previous statements, listed by GLAAD’s Commentator Accountability Project, that gay couples “despise” marriage and are “seeking to destroy” it. McCullough said that they are indeed trying to “destroy” marriage, but took issue with GLAAD’s use of the term “gay,” because according to McCullough, “I don’t believe that you can be gay.” He said that being gay is a choice and warned that “homosexual behaviors can end up killing you” because “homosexual behaviors when acted upon in the teenage years greatly increases the likelihood if you’re male that you will try to commit suicide.” McCullough is correct in arguing that gay youth do have a higher risk of suicide, but seems to ignore the fact that anti-gay prejudice and bias in society plays a large role in why there is the higher suicide rate."

Click on the second link for the rest… it gets even more absurd.

"...they want me dead."

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whatever this guy is smoking, Keep It AWAY From ME!!!!!

"Whatever this guy is smoking, Keep It AWAY From ME!!!!"

A variation on, "The Stupid! It Burns! It Burns!", eh Loren?

GLAAD's  "Commentator Accountability Project" (or "The Burning Stupid") is featuring:

If logic bombs actually had explosive power, these guys/gals could shift the Earth's orbit.

It's not the circular reasoning and question begging that is so obnoxious. I'm of the opinion that these propaganda experts know exactly what they are doing. And know exactly how to appeal to the audience to whom they're directing this tripe. The spread of disinformation IS the intended purpose. Non sequiturs, misrepresentation of factual material, and out-and-out dishonesty are the tools of their trade. And, it doesn't matter if they're called on the carpet for it.  The seed has already been planted. Just like 'ole Sen. Joe McCarthy did when he patted his coat and announced that he had a list of communist traitors working the State Department.  A complete and totally fabricated lie that catapulted him to prominence. I don't see the difference between McCullough, the late and not at all missed Breitbart, Ann Coulter, or Joe McCarthy. "There's money to be made and power to be had in them thar lies."

"It's not the circular reasoning and question begging that is so obnoxious. I'm of the opinion that these propaganda experts know exactly what they are doing. And know exactly how to appeal to the audience to whom they're directing this tripe. The spread of disinformation IS the intended purpose."

No argument there… it's the "wedge strategy", pandering at its best. Basic human rights as a "threat to our nation, …because we're making god mad!"

"And, it doesn't matter if they're called on the carpet for it.  The seed has already been planted. Just like 'ole Sen. Joe McCarthy did when he patted his coat and announced that he had a list of communist traitors working the State Department.  A complete and totally fabricated lie that catapulted him to prominence. I don't see the difference between McCullough, the late and not at all missed Breitbart, Ann Coulter, or Joe McCarthy."

Well, McCarthy met his match in Edward R. Murrow, when he was, "called on the carpet for it", and censured. The new-fangled medium of television delivered that coup-de-grace.

I'll admit, the "choir" being "preached to" isn't going to be swayed by truth, most wouldn't know a non sequitur if it walked up to them and kicked them in the balls...

"There's money to be made and power to be had in them thar lies."

Yeah, …I'm thinking about Rush Limbaugh's sponsors about now.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service