I've recently been exposed to this loony cult or sect, or money-making scam, or whatever the hell it is and I've got to say that I'm amazed. People are actually falling for this "channeling" of a group spirit that calls itself/themselves "Abraham". It provides a listing of it's teachings, and my favorite is "The universe adores you, for it knows your broadest intentions."
Anyway, it looks like they're making money hand over fist with this drivel.
http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/about_abraham.php

Tags: Abraham-Hicks, channeling, cult

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

P.S. It is not necessary for even one other person to understand the Laws of the Universe or the processes that we are offering here in order for you to have a wonderful, happy, productive Life Experience — for you are the attractor of your experience. Just you!

It's the brains behind the Secret if it sounds familiar.

This bit made me laugh however.

You Can Not Die; You Are Everlasting Life
In grace you may choose to relax and allow your gentle transition back into your Non-physical state of pure, positive Energy. Your natural state is that of Foreverness. (Have fun with all of this! You can’t get it wrong, and you’ll never get it done.)"
Thanks, JayBarti.
I've had a near death experience and I'm still an athiest. Believe me, the easy part is dying, it's the wounds, bleeding, and pain that gets you there that's rough. Gentle transition, my ass. instead of transitioning directly into pure, positive energy, first you'll have to transition into a nasty puddle of stinky organic compounds and a pile of calcium structural components, which is your true natural state. After that, whatever happens next, you just aren't going to care. Have you seen what those people are charging to others who come and listen to the goofiness?
Must be the natural outcome of this teaching: 'Actions to be taken and money to be exchanged are by-products of your focus on joy.' I bet the Hicks' are happy as hell. Given the population of the world, there's more than one natural sucker being born every minute.
Esther Hicks was a narrator and star of the original version of the film The Secret. Hicks earned over $500,000 for her work and was reportedly a central source of the film's inspiration.[3] She was the only person to appear in the film who received compensation.[7] -Wikipedia Article

Happier then they already are, apparently.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service