A second request: A public appeal to member Debra Stevenson, a.k.a. Brandi Amari Williams

Brandi, you are monopolizing all the space on this website.  You need to set up your own personal blog to post your articles and then reference a link to it in your profile

Atheist/Nexus is not your personal forum, it belongs to all of us.  Not only are you being extremely rude, you are treating others unfairly by causing their posts to quickly vanish from the Forum and Blog boards with your excessive and rapid "drive-by" style of cut and paste.  Many of your postings are in multiple parts, which take up precious space and banish all other posts from view.

I previously called your attention to this same behavior back in April.  Unfortunately, it seems you have decided that you don't care and that you don't wish to allow equal room and equal time for others here.

I know I'm not the only person annoyed by your actions, as other members here have expressed the same sentiment and have publicly mentioned this to you as well.   

I urge all members here to contact our administrator, Richard Haynes, if this type of overbearing behavior continues. 

Carl

Views: 1297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In some cases, it's both. TLDR or tl;dr is used in a lot of social media, but obviously not all areas. :) Sorry for the assumption.

However, I'll note that I'll sometimes postscript(scribe?) long posts with a TLDR one-liner, since I tend to write with a tongue-in-cheek manner.

I agree flying atheist thanks.

Debra did say that she would post less cut and paste stuff.  She seems to be trying to be sensitive to people's objections.

Please lay off the personal attacks on her!  They are also contrary to A/N rules and bad for this site. 

A bit late for that.  Debra / Brandi is a gone goose ... and frankly, I think it's for the best.

I wish people would deal with their discontents without personal attacks. 

From her side it would have felt a lot like a bunch of people ganging up on her, some of them violating site rules against personal attacks. 

So something that might have simply been a matter of Debra learning to modify her methods, ends up giving her a bad experience with the site. 

We could be more caring, while still regulating people's behavior that is causing problems. 

I personally think Debra/Brandi was not only unable but unwilling to modify her behavior.  She openly expressed as much with her "compromise." 

Instead of worrying about the bad experience she may have experienced here, you should appreciate the fact that the supposed "bunch of people ganging up on her" have been extremely patient and have for months put up with her unacceptable behavior.  

She was the one person responsible for destroying a good experience for many other members here.  At some point enough is enough.  The other shoe has to drop for the good of us all. 

In addition, based on her postings, I was never thoroughly convinced she truly was an atheist/non-theist.  That's pure speculation on my part, but she had a long history of being involved with many varying degrees of religions, and I think her atheism was just another phase.  She appeared to be ungrounded and an attention seeker.  I see her eventually reverting back to some form of theism.  

I could tell she is a good person and I wish her well, but to be honestly blunt, her absence here has instantly made this site much better. 

Yes Flying Atheist, I had the same feeling that should the right cult come along Brandi would be one of the first to jump right into the deep end. Question ? Is she still a member or has she been banned ? I ask because you refer to her absence here.

Sometime during the night her profile and postings were all deleted.  She is no longer a member. 

FA, those were my thoughts about her as well.

I personally think Debra/Brandi was not only unable but unwilling to modify her behavior.  She openly expressed as much with her "compromise."

I don't see why you think that.  She said repeatedly that she would tone it down. 

If someone is bothering other people, that's an issue the moderators should be dealing with - rather than attacking Debra.

I have seen things on here that were all-out personal attacks on her, and clearly a violation of the site rules.  

Perhaps not enough people who were bothered, complained to moderators. There's no reason for me to be grateful for people being silent for a long time, and I'm not grateful for that.  

If people are bothered, it's much better to complain to the moderator than to bash at Debra.

Perhaps it's an issue with moderators trying to be too slack. 

You say yourself "she is a good person".  I don't know whether she's good or not.  But I think she has issues about being accepted/rejected - fear of not being accepted (which she said herself).  Unfortunately, driving her away by throwing tons of negative stuff at her, just gives her one more experience of being rejected!

I hate to see someone's pain being reinforced.  This website can deal with bothersome behavior in better ways than that!

It would have been much kinder if a moderator had simply told her something like, "No more than 5 posts per day"  - rather than a bunch of people throwing pejoratives in her direction. 

Perhaps moderators didn't intervene because she wasn't posting abusive content.  She wasn't being a troll - but perhaps needy and insecure and conflicted. 

I hope she comes back under another name, posting in a more restrained, less cut and paste and more personal way - as she said she would. 

ps   I did go to the trouble of making a blog post of my own, to illustrate how people can put a lot of content into one blog post - with a table of contents linking to bookmarks in the same post.  I was trying to resolve the conflict.

It wasn't necessary to push her out or to say there's anything wrong about her.

All that was ever necessary, was to get her to post in a way that didn't crowd the site so much.  Or if she wouldn't do this voluntarily, to get a moderator to force her to do this. 

i'm glad this was brought up.  it seemed as though the whole site was hijacked by one member.  i can't tell if the issue has been resolved but in a brief scanning of the recent Discussions and Blog Posts it seems as though her content has been erased or she has corrected the problem.  thanks Flying Atheist for starting this discussion.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Tommy Tucson replied to Madhukar Kulkarni's discussion Knowledge and Atheism in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
5 minutes ago
Michael Penn commented on Donald R Barbera's blog post Laff and Happiness
5 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
23 minutes ago
Sentient Biped commented on Joan Denoo's blog post According to the Bible, God drowns, kills, slaughters, genocides, stones, burns, mauls, rapes, crushes, ....
23 minutes ago
Deidre replied to Deidre's discussion What are u listening to?
28 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to chares martel's discussion What are you grateful for today?
39 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
47 minutes ago
Neanderthal Man replied to Napoleon Bonaparte's discussion Viking Trance in the group Les Athées Napoléonienne
48 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Joan Denoo's blog post According to the Bible, God drowns, kills, slaughters, genocides, stones, burns, mauls, rapes, crushes, ....
55 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Loren Miller's photo
57 minutes ago
Neanderthal Man posted a video

Viking Trance - Warp Bubble from Napoleon Bonaparte on Vimeo.

Viking Trance - Warp Bubble

Music by Viking Trance with video editing by Napoleon Bonaparte. Smart Dog Video London (UK). Viking Trance Radio www.vikingtrance.com Viking Trance purchase link http://www.reverbnation.com/vikingtrance
1 hour ago
Deidre replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service