I have many weird questions in my head most of the time like:

In generally what kinds of music do you like to listen to the most?

that question is arguably one of the most normal I have had on my mind in a long time.

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool.
I have been really into hardcore/ punk/ metal since high school (i am now 27). I have branched out into many genres, but to this day the music that consistantly invokes the greatest emotional response is what i have been listening to for over a decade: heavy, aggressive music with mostly politically charged lyrics.
the gamut baby!

F'ing Clutch! They are awesome, not too many people can appreciate just how good they are.
Muse and whatever genre they're in
Um. All of them. If n-dimensional calculus was music, then I'd listen to that.
It varies. I'm not into country or rap. I live in Texas. Just how many times can she leave you? Rap? Well, I mean anyone can do that. Or as I describe it, "I can't sing but I can chant, all I do is yell and rant..."
Old rap is okay. It was fun then.
Some classical.
Some 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and current.
Techno.
Trance.
If it's religious music I've decided the best way to handle it is to start talking in tongues, spit out green fluids and make my head spin around.
No jazz. Find it boring.
Other then that, depends upon the piece of music or song.
soul of the 70s, 80s, 90s and early 00s ("nu-soul")

70s funk

quiet storm (Isley Brothers, Sade, Smokey)

the Minneapolis sound (Prince, Jam & Lewis)

Stevie Wonder (a genre of his own)

Marvin Gaye (ditto)

Michael (Off The Wall), Janet (Velvet Rope) & The Jacksons

jazz fusions (Herbie, Crusaders, Lorber)

Cuban and Brazilian grooves (Son, Bossa Nova)

UK garage, London broken beats and nu-jazz

hip-hop soul (J Dilla, Pete Rock, DJ Premier)

late 19th - early 20th century classical (Rachmaninoff, Chopin, Debussy, Orff..)

experimental electronic stuff (Aphex Twin, Bjork, unknown MySpace artists)

flamenco music (Paco de Lucia)

some Middle-Eastern rhythms

and a bit of rock a la Pink Floyd and Hendrix
I listen to Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Tori Amos, Deftones,Radiohead,Dredg... Those are my generic every day answers. I like MC Chris, MC Lars and MC Frontalot (nerdy rap). Videogame soundtracks (especially Zelda music). I adore classical but most especially Frederick Chopin. I sometimes listen to j-rock, as well... sue me....
Just about everything.
You may be unfamiliar with the search function in the forums, but if you go to the Water Cooler (or any main page for a forum category) page, look for the search box, enter "music", and then click on the magnifying glass, you'll pull up a bunch of topics about music.

"Music?" asked the same question you did, but earlier. For future reference, and to avoid duplicating topics in the forums/groups, please do a search next time before posting a general interest topic.

Since I'm already here, I can't peg any particular genre as something I listen to the most. If it has lyrics that I don't understand (i.e. they're in another language), I'm probably listening. Friends send me CDs, so a certain percentage of my music collection is music from people I know.

I most recently attended a JoCo concert. ZapMama and Candye Kane will be playing in Washington DC soon. So, I'm thinking about going down to visit friends, and might work in a trip to see one or the other.
My favorite music is classic rock of the 60's-80's.I don't care for today's music.I don't like metal nor do I like this hip-hop music the younger people listen to today.I'm also fond of music from the 30's,40,and 50's.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Patricia replied to Freethinker31's discussion We Are One
13 minutes ago
Dr. Terence Meaden liked John Jubinsky's discussion Giant Telescope Cleared for Construction in Hawaii
13 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Brent Feeney's discussion BRUTALLY HONEST: The Dirty Truth About Capitalism and Free Markets
15 minutes ago
Freethinker31 liked Brent Feeney's discussion BRUTALLY HONEST: The Dirty Truth About Capitalism and Free Markets
20 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Freethinker31's discussion We Are One
31 minutes ago
John Jubinsky added a discussion to the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
33 minutes ago
Brent Feeney posted a discussion
39 minutes ago
Craigart14 replied to John Loq's discussion The Bible is Evil
41 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Freethinker31's discussion We Are One
41 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Freethinker31's discussion We Are One
45 minutes ago
Gabrielle Smith posted a video

Viking Trance - This Generation

What is the meaning of this video ? / Quel est le sens de cette vidéo? The video is entitled 'This Generation' and looks at the world our children will inher...
47 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
47 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service