So, we are all nontheists. Okay, but I am fascinated by ESP, and I'll tell you why: you can try it out on the internet. Prior to the internet, I would write my predictions down and seal them in an envelope. Once I opened the envelope, I would have to have a reason to open it. I'd forgotten what was in there. I never opened it. I lost it. Now, I just post something, a page or two mentioning all kinds of things that pop into my head, from a fire to a baseball bat to a celebrity's name, and boom! It posts with the date and everything. I can easily go back and say, "Look, two days before this person dies, I put his name in my blog". It is fun!

If you think I'm a troll, no: Jesus saves Green Stamps.

I am searching through books for the usages regarding psychic power. Authors do it since they are courageous. You could be afraid of what people might think, which is that you're crazy. However, if you go ahead, you get a lot of words: prognostication, foretelling, foreseeing, hypnosis, etc., and, there are noncontroversial ways to talk about it. We all like the odd coincidence.

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dentroman, you've fought the good fight, but you might as well give it up. SEB is immune to reason, critical thinking, and the scientific method. He has internalized a few snippets, such as experimentation/empiricism, but the larger picture eludes him. He is either trolling or delusional. Either way, he's not playing by the same rules we are. Your insight that he fails the Turing Test is spot on.
Okay. See you later.

REVIEW OF THE PEARCE-PRATT DISTANCE SERIES OF ESP TESTS

http://psychicinvestigator.com/demo/ESP.doc.htm

under, RESULTS

Since they were one series of tests carried out under essentially the same conditions, the four subseries (totalling 74 runs, or 1850 trials) may be pooled. Mean chance expectation is 20%, or 370 hits. The total number of successes actually scored for the series is 558, which is better than 30%. The theoretical standard deviation derived on a conservative basis is 17.57. This total of 558 hits is 188 above the theoretical expectation and it gives a critical ratio of 10.70. The probability that a critical ratio so large as this would occur on the basis of random sampling is less than 10^-22.

Re: Turing test

I am sending my reply to Mr. Spicer via telepathy.
Does SmarterChild pass the Turing test?
Actually, SEB, it would be great if you'd send all your posts by telepathy.
This is Sunday, August 2, 2009. Numerological significances to today include that once today is put in the form 8-2-09, and then the hyphens removed, it can be tested to see if it's prime, easily. I have a rule that if I score a direct hit on something, I do not have to try everything. It is whatever I tried first. ESP is thus a large part of my ESP testing procedure. Please recall that Dentro, in his design for ESP experiments above, seemed to both grasp and then struggle for understanding related to how ESP will alter the results, if it exists, of all experiments, not just "ESP experiments". That is, lead shielding will stop X-rays. It won't stop ESP.

80209 is a prime number!
8209 is a prime number!
20809 is a prime number!

Wow, what are the odds against that? That doesn't happen very often. I better not try any more and go pray before a hole opens up in my reality.

Spicer, look at your picture and tell me whether it doesn't look like you have a hat on shielding your eyes, or, get someone with a fresh set of eyes to check for you. I swear to God it always looked like you had a hat on. Now I can see your male-pattern baldness is clearly visible. It makes you look intelligent. Check out the nut on Spicer!

I am serious. The strong anthropic principle dictates to the scientific community that they wake up and smell the coffee. It is not what might go on "in scientific circles" as Dentro implies. Notice how articles and prepositions and the lack thereof can accomplish some of the most damaging prejudice. If the lady said that the Al Qaeda didn't send her son to Iraq, the "the" makes you ask, "who did?" The use of just Al Qaeda, as, "Al Qaeda didn't send my son to Iraq", makes you wonder, "Well, what did Al Qaeda do (with my tax dollars)?"
Occasionally we all get deja vu, which is what I find strange and disorienting. I'll see something that I could swear was an image in my head earlier. I've never gotten myself to remember an image well enough that I could make a mental note of it beforehand, and then see it in exactness later (However, I have had random images which I've recorded and remembered simply because they were good ideas, like future art pieces or the like). I don't think too much of it, and I'm not expecting some conspiracy about living every day twice *shifty eyes*. It's like when I was younger and I thought I could see germs. Or when I came to the conclusion that the government could do horrible things to us for a day and then wipe our minds, and really we're twice as old or more--or possibly we're living two lives at once, forgetting one as we live the other. They're interesting ideas to toy with, admittedly, but no, you should never think any more into it.

I think that the only "superstitious" thing that could even have remote credibility is... don't laugh... dream interpretation, and then only in the loosest sense. I think that our subconscious creates scenarios based on things like what we've been going though, what we're afraid of, situations that are stressful, relationships, etc., and that it can tell you things about yourself but doesn't necessarily "mean" anything, either. What do you guys think about that? Am I insane or am I stating the obvious again?
Obviously I haven't taken any stock in it, it's just interesting. Many of us have had at some point a psychological need for something deeper than what we can see, which I guess is why religion exists. As interesting as the subject is, I'd really rather not read the last 9 pages of this if you don't mind. :)
concentrate transitive verb 1. To bring or direct toward a common center or objective. 2. To make less dilute.

hype from hyperbole 1. promotion or advertisement; especially exaggerated claims.

hype cycle A hype cycle is a graphic representation of the maturity, adoption and business application of specific technologies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hype_cycle

We are still hypothesizing about the psychic causes of mass murder, rather than general psychic phenomena, if you believe that an increase in data for these tragedies is of some use in understanding them, since one occurred while we were going back and forth here. This one provides a more detailed account since it was weblogged. The protagonist in the drama provided his own birthday and date of death. They are from Friday, September 30, 1960 to Tuesday, August 4, 2009. [Using the site, "duration betwen two dates"] This is total of 17,841 days, including the end date (it was late (the moon was full (perhaps I should not guess things on a full moon), or nearly so), so I included it, and I only roughly remember the length of a lunar month as 29.53 days, so I used it )[ "duration of a lunar month" (not a calendar month, not a lunar calendar month)= 29.530589 days].

Notice that Jezzy up there [c.f. Pikachu] manages to (give me a psychic word. Okay) divine George Sodini's initials. Good job.

O...............................bviously
s....................ome
g....................uess
t................................he

You can't draw too many conclusions; they'll change in the next case. You can't really say what happens. I can't say that my desire to be right forced the phase space containing plans and events to change the history we have in common to that, but we can approach the description of the world a few days hence as an image of this one with key modifications and develop the mathematics of image points as a start.

17,841/29.53 = 604.1652557

My birthday and my age are in bold. Another mass shooting took place in Binghamton, New York a while back. Notice Dentroman is doing a type of war dance here. My "controversy" or negative psychic energy seems to me a partial reason for the negative outcome; c.f. Billinghurst. I had been posting on "Binghampton"; I misspelled it. I am not dragging that proof in here. You can see it from my name. But, I will make an offer to prove it.

Add to the numerological facet above the numerology of the victim of Tuesday's shooting who had a name like mine, Jody Billingsley:

Y....J.....L
OD Y I N G
B I L S L E

The science of image points and the mind and the world with holes in it where minds were, perhaps for those of you who do not feel psychic, hand-eye coordination is a good model, whatever that is called. I don't think we have to go into all ramifications, and we have not proved the existence of any psychic influence on anything; they just say that the night of a full moon is strange. Our moon also, if Mare Orientalis were on the front side, would look like a big eye and our moon lore might be different.

If there are psychic people, and influential evil people, I think I found the personality behind the Salem witch trials in the Reverend cleric Increase Mather. The memorial stones are carved with names and sayings, like, I WILL DENY MY GUILT TO MY DYING DAY. That was 1692. In some fashion, the execution of these people still resonates.

I could not find evidence that the appearance of code words for the D-Day invasion in crossword puzzles was psychic. To the contrary, a boy of 14 hung around with the army and heard the words and got them into the puzzles. I use primes. That is just a way to sharpen up your psychic skill. See if you can guess a number is prime by lookng at it. You can't compute it. Some autistics I guess probably can.

I last posted to this website on August 10. It is now August 20. We were debating in this thread whether I was psychic with respect to Walter Cronkite's death and other things. I had recently picked up a discard at the library, Close Encounters, by Mike Wallace (and a ghostwriter). Thus, this was in hand when Don Hewitt died yesterday. This is how the psychic influence works, IMHO. One is led straight to the pertinent evidence. Notice that people die as part of this, so, I am hardly willing to run it through every conceivable test, for proof, to gather evidence. Right now my list includes mind; a mind carries strategy. The users of this website are, by and large, fond of logic, rather than mind or strategy. They are a hostile audience, but, are less likely to brand me a witch, they're so damned skeptical.

I am hoping the picture comes out. The index entry for Hewitt refers to no lower page number than 92; this is 93. I didn't see his name skimming against the light. Notice if you can that the four corners' letters are, clockwise from upper left, t,s,s,H. Across the bottom you will see H for the eighth letter, e.g. the eighth month, then on the right, s for19th day. The rest of the date begins with a 20, and "t" is in the upper left. The 19th or "s" in the upper right, instead of the correct figure denoting the ninth year of the millenium, is not right. Perhaps it gave old Don comfort to see it there as if his obit comes in 2019 at age 96. That's how I like to have my fortune read.

Any way, it "says" 8/19, and he dies on 8/19, and I got this here faster than a computer could do. Yeah, ya have to know how to read it. You never were born reading. You streak through life with infinite side distractions. I doubt any of you could grab 'em as they slide by and make them connect. But, my psychic connection never is turned off, just up or down. That means I constantly play hunches. I will bet on anything.
This is how the psychic influence works, IMHO. One is led straight to the pertinent evidence.

When I belonged to a cult, I'd often hear stories of fellow members praying for guidance and then "randomly" opening the Bible or a cult-produced publication to a page that dealt precisely with their question.

Are you describing something similar?
Of course not. You ruined it like a Frenchman suppressing insurrection with a rifle in the colonies. First you shot the baby out of its mother's arms, then you shot the mother. You are surely "smart".

Is "random" random?
I was not psychologically prepared to believe by the actions of others. I obtained the page you see as a discard last week, before Hewitt dies. It is obviously cut bodily from the book, in order to be scanned in. If it weren't, I would have the dilemma of going to obtain it, or going to have it copied. Every book in the Public Library is not the Bible or a cult-produced publication. An "H" is, randomly speaking, an eight. He died in that month, randomly. If you are given a list, you must go down that list from the top to the bottom; that's random. I told you, page 92 is RANDOMLY even. IT DOES NOT FACE THE LIGHT for a righty. The god damned READING LAMP, you imbecile.

The book is MIKE WALLACE'S story. When I heard the news (and this news is still playing tonight, okay? It's "new"), I put two and two together, as follows: Hewett dies and we find out. He produces Sixty Minutes. Sixty Minutes' number one character is Mike Wallace. I know I just picked up a book likely to have all three, Wallace, Hewett, and Cronkite. Is any book you get free similar to the Bible? Look what the plaintext they are saying is: it's a new medium, television. "Medium" also has a psychic meaning, and that ain't random. I didn't have a question. Once you go clear across town, or as I do in one case in this thread, to the planet Jupiter, it ceases to be contrived.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service