So, we are all nontheists. Okay, but I am fascinated by ESP, and I'll tell you why: you can try it out on the internet. Prior to the internet, I would write my predictions down and seal them in an envelope. Once I opened the envelope, I would have to have a reason to open it. I'd forgotten what was in there. I never opened it. I lost it. Now, I just post something, a page or two mentioning all kinds of things that pop into my head, from a fire to a baseball bat to a celebrity's name, and boom! It posts with the date and everything. I can easily go back and say, "Look, two days before this person dies, I put his name in my blog". It is fun!

If you think I'm a troll, no: Jesus saves Green Stamps.

I am searching through books for the usages regarding psychic power. Authors do it since they are courageous. You could be afraid of what people might think, which is that you're crazy. However, if you go ahead, you get a lot of words: prognostication, foretelling, foreseeing, hypnosis, etc., and, there are noncontroversial ways to talk about it. We all like the odd coincidence.

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Knaight Babbitt wants to snivel to the moderators, and he wants you to, too. But, before you do, why not Google my name, as in ["steve Billinghurst" san diego], and see if I am a deep cover theist. I am under about one hundred thousand words so far. Be sure not to miss my chemistry degree from the UC, http://sbillinghurst.wordpress.com/chemistry-degree-of-mine

We already got prayer out of the schools, and abortion on demand. This site is about as useless as tits on a boar hog.

They're all useless. Get off the internet.
You first.
Spicer, it wasn't between me and you; it wasn't even me. I took up the banner of loners against the community, it foist me on my own resources, and I stole a sympathy from the hacking community. Now, as community against community, there exist computer users who do not want the internet clogged up with ppl giving their opinions. "Community" is often sold by means of saying that a corporation treats its employees fairly, gives out compensation, a decent health plan; that isn't this and that's even wrong. I know what this is: in the latest round it is a thing where someone (Babbitt) suggests to the group that they band together and ban me, as did Judith initially. Such in the annals of freethinking is par.

I don't want to pick the fly shit out of the pepper, and I will do this now. I seek closure. Our scorecard reads: i. Murder of the Billings-my name's Billinghurst, ii. Crash of an Iranian airliner-Joey mentions the following words: nuke, Iran, murder, scandal, politics, in post #2, iii: Walter Cronkite just dies today-I put the initials "wc" in two successive posts in this thread, on July 9. That is, the initial letter in each of two successive lines hit on Walter Cronkite's initials.

Note: this is all I can do. If you know of another psychic method, fine. But, I am a scientist. I must use more sledgehammer media, not the more mystical or occult. Someone being dead, BTW, okay, those are good because they are, by their nature proved. They exemplify the only thing in life which is irreversible. I know, we think regeneration of limbs is for lizards, but son, we are reptiles, let's face it. In reality, amputations are irreversible. I place the word alongside "preventable". Once you reach the point of no return on a death, you can fix the time, IOW.

There are ways to further analyze my posts, any posts in the thread, posts on the site, and successively further removed items for their psychic content. For sure, the Dead Pool on Rotten.com will have winners. for sure, ppl were quote/unquote supposed to be on airplane flights which crashed. I can't see any halo over their heads. But, it would have been pretty pointless for this thread to end on his death without my contribution as to, gee, what happened?

I would like the days of the week to start having "G" in them, for God, and I suggest we go to "Wingsday", for Wednesday.

I can't believe I wrote that. It is gibberish.

I thought it was for angels. Now I see that it was Paul McCartney again.

Me and dead ppl have this (back and forth with the hand), and you know something? They are not all mean and spiteful like this Jason person.

Leave not your hands and feet littering the area. Step upon no land mines, nor permit the USA to make, sell, or distribute them.
I read the Wiki post on confirmation bias, Spicer. Note that it cuts both ways.
If you just give ESP a chance, I am sure you will have a new take on reality more in congruence with man's actual place in the cosmos.

It seems that the word "evidence" is all the rage. I am sure there is some problem with it. I use, "evidently" interchangeably with "apparently"; I do not agree with someone in any case in which I am using an adverb. Look for the fucking evidence.

I use "data", and we are way past the paranormal in chemistry. However, you must publish, so there is a code today to use if you have not nailed down just what makes the reaction go. You'd buy that, right?

My other job is surveying. Again, we use data, we eliminate error, but I'm not going to do that.

I submit that I made exactly 300 lines in my posts, which is rather lengthy. All other members posted 163 lines, excluding any posts after the news of Cronkite's death reaches me. It was 7:50 p.m. when I last looked at the clock, so, I will ask (8:07), for your stipulation that should I post by 8:30, that I am 3 hours out from the info as delivered on the 5:30 broadcast. My first post this evening contains one of the 4 instances of the initials "wc". I am asking you to believe that it was "before" I knew; this is ESP. It matters less whether you beat the event than you post with no way to know this event's outcome.

If I faked the fourth instance, I would have had to do it by grabbing a Beatle song with it in it. IOW, I posted it but John Lennon wrote it. It is in concordance with the spirit of my message to ...(someone), "Wiley Coyote". I can't tell you exactly why it is in here, it just came to me. I needed a way to answer a guy, and it fit the bill. It's called, "Hey Bulldog". See, evidence on a problem is not always like a chemistry experiment. Psychic matters must be reinvented. What laws could there be? Obviously, you are good to those you love, but none of you put a 'c' after a 'w' for me once, and if I did it 4 times in 300, let's see if I can do the math (getting a piece of paper), that is one in every 75 lines. BTW, one of the times I have to ask you to let me start the line only after writing "QUOTE (Knaight Babbitt)". Let's throw that one out (confirmation bias). at 3 per 300 (pencil, paper), that is one in a hundred. You all were well on the way to 200 and never hit it. I don't think you wanted to. I am not only psychic, I am what's known as a sensitive, okay? You are psychic alright, studiously avoiding the w-c sequence, almost as if you are not used to the number of charcters in a line, or to the concept that the word initial is not just yours.

You do not initialize? You never parametrize? You don't know how Earth is cocked in the galaxy, do you?

and Babbitt claims that I am trying to rile up evidence? Dude, I am the one with the theory here! There ain't evidence that there are no theories. I suspect that you are all babes in the woods. I went out of my way to go say hello to Michael Shermer. I know where his house is. I write these people.

As an atheist, I don't slide things past ppl, not just them not me.
That's your big evidence? That you happened to put the letters WC in your whackjob ravings a few times before Walter Cronkite died? There are only 26 letters in the English alphabet. Odds are pretty damn good that you'd get a few hits, especially at your rate of "production". This is called postdiction. It's neither surprising nor interesting. It is not in any way a prediction, and is only an apparent pattern, not a real connection. Look through the ravings of Nostrodamus or Revelation, and I'm sure you'll find a WC or two. You are not, by the remotest stretch of the imagination, a scientist. You are merely delusional.

In order to be freethinking, one must first be thinking. You're not making that grade, SEB. It's way too late for you to stop posting before you embarrass yourself, but it's not too late for you to stop posting. This does not constitute suppression of your heroic search for truth. This merely conserves internet resources for better uses.
I'm a scientist because I have a degree in science.

There are twenty-six possibilities for the first letter, and another twenty-six for the second. The total number of possibilities is thus 26 x 26 = 676, for two letters in a row. It wasn't postdiction. I always do this. Like I say, there are other ways to reveal a hidden message, but none faster. None of this is belief in the paranormal. It stems from an attempt to analyze documents such that a computer can function as a lie detector. I know, you'll say people do not know when they are lying.

The usages of a single line in a reply could not result in the initials 'wc' in the usual way, a refinement of the stats may be in order. Alternately, I may amalgamate the lot of you such that the two successive one-liners amount to a groupthink. There are 463 lines of copy total, in couples it is 231.

Take the contrary view: "Steve, if you are psychic, why didn't you predict Cronkite's death?" I have given you the short answer. It's the tip of the iceberg.

"Wiley Coyote" has the same initials. Here we see the phenomenon of a person, and all of us, acting not as people, i.e., "Is that a he or a she?", but as a cipher, one of the blinking lights on this switchboard, not a free agent; more like a man on a chessboard. In my psychic mind, I never refer to ppl as ppl. I call them, "it". You are an it, Spicer. Here comes "Wiley", with no idea what is forcing him to join the thread. It only serves my purpose; he!-is only a number, Mr. Spock.

My spectacular prediction is seen further in that, reading down the lyrics to, "Hey Bulldog (doesn't the Cronkite face look like nothing so much as it does a bulldog?)", the first five initial letters are S,B,S,W,C. The total number of possibilities for five letters is 26^5=11881376. Eleven or twelve million to one. My big evidence lies beyond. You start by saying, "A hundred?", but you and the rest of the scientists are referring to a rather low number, 2^100. You set that up as a modulus and put big numbers in there.

You can work with infinity; infinity is only blurry in the old way. Cantor went right up to it and defined a whole family of cardinals, and used them to prove that mathematics will never be complete.

My initials are SB. The five letters appearing in this thread before Cronkite's death may be interpreted as "SB's WC". This is only what I wrote. Draw your own conclusions. I'm sure you have.

Physics will always be uncertain-Heisenberg

Nonlinear dynamics means something to me. Even confirmation bias is only one of a number of named things, according to your link. I like that words such as "Chaos Theory", "Fuzzy Sets", "Topology", these have come into use. It shows that people have noticed that math falls short of being able to solve many problems.

I have done a lot of drugs. I don't smoke, drink or do drugs now. Many ppl wish to say that I am crazy. I have a book here from 1976, "The Enigma of the Mind". Yep, it is about ppl being crazy and how we're gonna get em.

Normality in terms of social deviance- pg 28

A more recent example of nonconformity defined as abnormality is the case of Zhores Medvedev, a Soviet biochemist who incurred his government's displeasure by publicly questioning the objectivity of science under Stalin and by advocating that scientists around the world be allowed to meet freely to coordinate their research. In 1970, three police officers and two psychiatrists burst into Medvedev's apartment and carted him off to a mental hospital.

In 1728 the English journalist and novelist Daniel Defoe, author of Robonson Crusoe, issued a public polemic against "the vile Practice now so much in vogue among the better Sort, as they are called, but the worst sort in fact, namely, the sending their Wives to Mad-Houses at every Whim or Dislike, that they may be more secure and undisturb'd in their Debaucheries."

[some evidence a numerology fan composed this page]

"We have managed to repackage the Inquisition and are selling it as a new, scientific cure-all"-Thomas Szasz, 1950s.

By 1975, many thoughtful men and women were beginning to agree with him, [bla-bla-bla]--pg 29:

Justice Potter Stewart wrote for the majority on the court: "May the state fence in the harmless mentally ill solely to save its citizens from exposure to those whose ways are different? One might as well ask if the state, to avoid public unease, could incarcerate all who are physically unattractive or socially eccentric."

UNQUOTE

I am the resident psychic here on Alien Nexus. As such it is my intention to forewarn you when Immigration is coming. Check back periodically for updates.
What you are doing is precisely postdiction. Having a science degree does not make one a scientist. Understanding and applying the scientific method makes one a scientist. You fail on both counts.
"I would write my predictions down and seal them in an envelope."
Were these "hermetically sealed and had been kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls' porch since noon that day" as Carnac the Magnificent would do?

"You could be afraid of what people might think, which is that you're crazy."
Obviously, you've gotten past your fear...

I read some of your nonsense earlier today. It seems there's to many rational thinkers on this site to take your bait into the fantasy world of the paranormal. If you believe your have any ability to predict the future then you are quite delusional. The greatest prophetic delusion of all time is the morbid, twisted belief in End-Times. Let's hope the whack-nuts who believe that one are never in a position to self-fulfill it. Giving any credence to the utter sham of prophecy as you are attempting to do here, is a fool's errand.
Very good, very good. Nice dog, too. I know a guy named Dave Rogers.

I'm not predicting the future. People are connected psychically. When I say, "Okay, who's about to die?", one of 'em raises their hand, so to speak. I'm better than most. I know which way's up in there, I know where the dead ends are to the maze, I never second-guess or redraft language; that's where the education is. In short, I can stuff your reticular activating system down your brain stem to the seventh Chakra. Do not be born on my birthday, and heaven help you if your name has any of the letters of my name. "I was born under a bad sign. I been down since I begin to crawl. If it wasn't for bad luck, if it wasn't for real bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all."

-"Strange Brew", my initials. Sung by Eric Clapton of the same middle name. Clapton's five-year old son plunged to his death out of a hotel. Whenever I read straight down like I had to to do this, I relive it. Thanks, EC. My five-year old son is out at the pet store.

What holidays do you atheists celebrate? Not Christmas or Easter, eh? Let's bring on Groundhog Day. How is it when a groundhog sees his shadow? He moves, it moves, he thinks it moves first, he hides. Mm-hmm. I don't think you can celebrate it.

[save me]

"It's not magic or science. it's just a fun thing people do. it's unique!"

-Curious George
I wish to express my gratitude to the atheists on this site who have provided the counter-arguments in an intuitive way. You have given me the feedback and allowed me to categorize my poor initial attempts at psi,...

Wup-woah, just a minute here, Spicer. Did you take that idea from me? You have taken a word I use and turned it around on me. That is my specialty. Hey, but I do not turn them around on ppl. I am a numerologist so I work on the letters themselves.

If you are going to pick up on "freethinker", you had better conform to the conventions of language. Atheists have been burned at the stake for a long time now. They are nothing new. The dictionary's been around awhile, too. In it, you may find freethinker, you won't find "postdiction ('zooks' is on pg. 1157, the next page is the last (1984), part again, god of literature (Noah Webster from a painting by S.F.B. Morse), Why is it the devil and Daniel Webster?)"

Zooks, let's slide our crooked argument in there by means of ignoring the rules of language as well as decorum, shall we, Spicer? I suggest that merely leaving out quote marks in strategic locations may help advance one's nefarious purpose. Keep it up; you and Christianity will be on the same side before you know it.

I wish to thank the alcoholics on this site,...

QUOTE "In order to be freethinking, one must first be thinking" -Spicer.

No, Spicer. Never use a word in the definition of that word. The dictionary definition does not use the word "thinking"; it does not use the root, "think". It says, "form opinions". Ergo, no one must do that to which you have solemnly sworn to uphold.

Okay, you can hit that. I'm a water drinker. Spicer'll go, "In order to be waterdrinking, one must first be drinking."

Oh-oh-oh. This is thorny. There's no definition at all for postdiction. There's postdeluvian, 'after the flood'. We'll show 'em a flood, eh?

I wrote the following before I went beddie-bye, in longhand:

A Myside bias? You're going to hit me with a Myside? No, I won't have it. You best come up with another name for it, kid, or else I hereby institute my new dialect without any new prejudice. I need for you not to lace your argument with genocide, so, we will be discussing the following-paranoid atheism-accordingly, in American Colonese with duck butter, the last time in human events that the million square miles under my feet had any rationality to it.

John Hancock
Dezza Dornil

(that is 'dead-as-a-doornail'), but Mr. Spicer wants more suffixing (he changes 'freethinker' to 'freethinking', thus we will need submissions of all words properly taking the suffix 'ildo', so that they all rhyme.

'nts' on his bias, if I left a letter out, he will jump in in a flash with 'nuts'. Your scholasticism is unwell; we needn't move on to the scientific method. The word is 'ants', and the "out" is from set theory, so yeah, it can come off the front. Numerology rears its ugly head.

I cannot find the synonym for 'disintegrated' I was looking for in Goldman's book, Elvis, but Spicer, hey, QUOTE

nnection. Look through the ravings of Nostrodamus or Revelation, and I'm sure you'll find a WC or two. You are not, by the remotest stretch of the imagination, a

Do you mind? I am already reading a book. I started looking for "WC" in the extant material. This is psi, I admit that, so, I have books holding up chair legs better than those books you mention, and my own definitions (daffynitions, I can't resist), such as 'plaitz', 'screed', 'surround', 'dupe'. They could come to you. I could not care less. they are out there floating, like the hallucinatory 'flattop', 'sway', 'camel', 'kimono-in-a-black-hole, 'Looty tethered to a swirling orb in the mist', and 'giant rising lens of licorice'.

We are no longer going to get a miniature of our galaxy on the ceiling, since it has been determined to be a barred spiral; since my initials are 'SB'. But, Billingsley pitches for the Dodgers. He'll strike you honchos out. His number's a Marcel Marceau 58.

When you trot out a name, like, I just pulled out "Marcel Marceau". I like to keep my head down plexing over the vowels on a string. You do that and thus commences the ripping to shreds of a new toy. We like it. "Myside bias", now becomes a "Myside bias", n'est pas, Mr. Powers?

a my
am I
Am I sidebiased? My bias-ply tires are fires, thickly coating the lungs of the Northwestern man.

Emissary, 'm I to believe, miacide, oh me-oh my-o, tigers and bears, down on the Bayou.

an ad
a nad
unadd

One of them is 'balls'. Read that, 007. I am not by a stretch a sci guy, I must stir. A shake is a length of time. A barn is a cross-section. A reference is of the form, Journal, Volume, page-page, (year). In handwriting, underlining means to italicize. Get well soon, Benedict.

Notice as the "Enigma of the Mind" comes out it is 1976, and it is a full six years after the Medvedev incident. So, what kind of 1970 is this? Trick question. 1970 was worldwide, a quick perusal of real sources reveals that the United States, not the U.S.S.R., was the capital of invidious political dirty tricks, in the world, unqualified, domestic and foreign. Do you see that?

Time-life Books,
ANF 132 Campbell

"Back in the U.S.S.R."
-The Beatles
White Album

Elvis declines.

Don't belittle.
Thanks for the fascinating glimpse into your pathology, SEB. Unfortunately, meaninglessness becomes boring after a while. I can see that I've been wasting my time. My only consolation is that you have been wasting more of yours.
Hera curses Echo to only repeat the words of others, like about a Walter Cronkite or so, because Echo distracts Hera from Zeus's affairs or tells her he's at Olympus when he's not.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service