Hello Everyone,

I am assuming there may be some high IQs (I am a former member of MinD, or MENSA in Germany) in the Nexus? What have been the challenges you have faced in the world due to this? Has your IQ sometimes been a heavy burden to bear?

Any thoughts on this? Experiences to share?

Tags: IQ

Views: 2004

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The average IQ of the lower 48 + Hawaii would probably jump 10 points.. I think it would be a great idea for them to secede - then we could sell it back to the Russians at a tidy profit.
And she'll fit in perfectly, knowing so much about them after watching them from her home. XD
Sarah and her husband were members: the Alaska Independence Party

http://www.akip.org/
Too damned cold!
Sounds like Australia's dislike of "tall poppies". Intellectuals and smart people get more respect in Indonesia, but the problem there is that they are uncritically accepted and unquestioned. That is dangerous as no-one knows everything and even brilliant people make horrendous errors, especially in the many areas in which they are not experts.
=> .
Seems interesting that people in the U.S. would claim we don't show it. Instead, I would assume the majority of "victims" would be those who are not too noticeable, but still stand out a bit more than everyone else. For example, the smart kid in the ghetto neighborhood will be harassed to stop being superior, whereas that kid moves out and runs a billion-dollar business, he suddenly gains that respect for being successful.
I think conservatives and progressives both do this to different kinds of successful people. Conservatives cut down academic elites and progressives cut down business elites. Academic elites cut down sports elites and vice versa. It's a universal tendency to resent those who have more of whatever resource, be it intellect, money, beauty, etc.

Doesn't affect me, though, because I have been gifted with an abundance of generosity of spirit. I only cut down those with more generosity of spirit than I have. And of course, there are precious few of those bastards.
Well, Thisbe, if I thought you had less generosity of spirit than I do, my own copious generosity of spirit would prevent me from pointing out your failings in that regard. On the other hand, if I thought you had more generosity of spirit than me, I would have to cut you down by claiming you had less. Except that would appear to be ungenerous to my inferiors, so I wouldn't do that.
Lol.

I wish I could cut down everyone prettier than me, but that'd be an overwhelming majority. D;

I don't think anyone here would chew their arm off.

Is there a Dunning-Kruger equivalent for appearance ? Pretty girls are always the ones most insecure about their looks. Except for the Hilton-tards.
"I don't think anyone here would chew their arm off."

Well, now, Dr F, I think that all depends on what kind of BBQ sauce is involved.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service