1.What difference will removing "In GOD We Trust" make to atheist?
It will be one less way my taxes are imposing someone else's religion on me. Would you like "In Allah We Trust" on your money, paid for with your taxes?
2.If you don't believe why try to erode the foundation of those who do? (it is what has structured society to date)
Structured society how? By oppressing women, LGBT people, religious minorities and non-religious people? By impeding scientific progress? By stifling imagination and inquiry?
3.When I look at the order of life the earth it could never have happened by chance.Nobody claims it happened "by chance" except Creationists trying to debunk abiogenesis and evolution.
4. Why have the Monkey stopped evolving and man has continued.
Who says they have?
5. What if you are wrong? If you cannot prove to me then i prefer to stay with religion.
Pascal's wager. What if you're wrong? Why aren't you worshiping all of the thousands of gods man has created across history "just in case"? You don't want to suffer the consequences because you worshiped the wrong god, do you?
6. If you don't believe in GOD what do you believe in?
What do you believe in besides God? Certainly your whole life isn't God. There are friends and family, community, the natural world, the potential of humanity...
7. Why cant man create life
Man created gods. Eventually man will get around to creating life.
1. Not a wit. It is the principle in the matter that counts. The American Constitution declare that church and state must be separate. The quote is simply a violation of that statute and the government should not be endorsing it.
2. (Personally speaking) I don't ever try to erode someones beliefs. I have in some cases even refused to talk about my beliefs for the very reason you speak of. I have even went so far as to supply materials to help someone perpetuate their beliefs.
I do however, believe, I Have a right to defend my beliefs. I also believe that religion is the most destructive construct created by man and has held back humanity from achieving it's potential for thousands of years. I believe this is worth fighting for and I believe, if we cannot stop this self destructive behavior, we will destroy ourselves over it.
I also believe that reality is better. We need to face reality as it is, not as we wish it to be. That is the only way we as humans can embrace life and find within it, the true value of life. It is also the only way we can contribute to that life, by dealing with what is real.
3. By looking at it that way you are robbing yourself of the true majesty of the world. Aside from the mechanics of how we developed into an oxygen rich environment that supports life and on into the development of thinking humans, all of which there is scientific evidence to support. By handing all this beauty, complexity, and diversity over to a supreme being and a quick spoken word, you rob yourself of seeing all the truly wondrous gifts this world so abundantly supplies. Sure it's incredible and hard to believe, but that's the true beauty of it. How, somewhere in this humongous cold universe, all the variables needed accumulated themselves on this small planet and put into motion the conditions that could and would support life. This is not just some hockey shot in the dark thing. This is a wondrous thing that we get take part in. One that we can begin to understand by our ability to learn and understand. Our understanding doesn't negate the wonder of it, it magnifies it.
4. Evolution never stops. We did not jump from mouse, to monkey, to human. Monkeys are on their own evolutionary branch just like humans. We share a common ancestor and have both evolved in our own unique ways, we are not hybrids of monkeys, we are separate distinct species, with a common ancestor.
5. Fine then stay there. I prefer to live my life on what the world around me presents me with. When you deal within the limits of reality, the world functions better. I prefer not to waste my life on wishes and maybes. Instead of asking me, what if I am wrong, why don't you show me you are right? provide me with some evidence that can be verified and I will gladly step into line, until you can do that does it not seem ridiculous to live your life by it?
6. You, me, I believe in my family, my neighbor, my community, my country, I believe in humanity, In our ability to do good, to help each other survive. I believe this is the one and only life I get, and if I have to be alive until I am dead, I am damn well going to enjoy it. That's what I believe in.
7. But we do create life. Every time someone gets pregnant they have created life. Why can't we do it in a test tube? It's complicated, one day we will learn how. We are close. Regardless of that fact, We may not yet be able to create it in a tube, but we understand how it happens and we have scientific evidence of this information. Is it really enough to just give up learning about all the mysteries that this wonderful world provides for us, and say god did it. Sorry it is not enough for me.